Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Greetings all

My company has recently upgraded to VoIP phones and I am looking some information.  Our new service provider has recommended that we forward some specific ports on our router to our phones.  In order to do that though I would like to give these phones a static IP address so I know where they are at all times as we are also having an issue with there being a duplicate IP address being given out by the DHCP.  The model of my phone is the Soundpoint IP 335, I have tried to troubleshoot this with my VoIP provider but they have no idea what they are doing or what I am asking.  They do however insist on telling me to go do advanced settings and change it there but there is not an option for that.  In that particular menu all I have is Change User P/W and Reboot Phone.  Any help on this situation would be most appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello bhartley,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

You simply disable the DHCP Server in Menu => Settings => Advanced => (password 456) => Admin Settings => Network Configuration => Ethernet Menu => DHCP => Disable.

You then manually assign an IP address etc.

The Polycom community contains a detailed FAQ post here:

Oct 22, 2013 Question: [FAQ] How can I manually change network settings on the phone?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Greetings again, and thank you for your quick reply.

In my original post I reference the advanced settings I did not have

They do however insist on telling me to go do advanced settings and change it there but there is not an option for that.  In that particular menu all I have is Change User P/W and Reboot Phone.  Any help on this situation would be most appreciated.

Where in fact I meant to say admin settings.  I am under the assumption that I have a older model of the OS on the phone? I do have the advanced menu but when I get there I have Change User P/W and Reboot phone

HP Recommended

Also, I tried to change it within my browser menu but I do not know what the passwords are.  I have tried 456, 123, <removed by the moderator>, and nothing.

HP Recommended

Hello bhartley,

I have removed a reference of you last post as we do not publicly disclose this within the Polycom community.

If you have lost or changed the password , and you seem to know the procedure, you will need to reboot the unit and factory default in on bootup.

This is described in the FAQ but we do not disclose the workaround for a lost/changed password.

This will reset the unit to the standard 456 password.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.