Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi there

I recently purchased a Polycom 335 to use with my BT fibre broadband (I have a Zyxel NBG4604 connected to the BT provided modem). I live in the UK.

Unfortunately it appears the Zyxel NBG4604 doesn't like SIP phones. Whenever I register a SIP phone on my home network the router crashes. This has happened whilst trying to use both the Polycom phone and a Snom phone which I had previously. I have even had the router swapped on suspicion mine was faulty however the same thing happens with the replacement.

Can you please recommend a good home/small office router that will work with the Polycom 335? I am familiar with both Netgear and Draytek routers, although I wasn't that impressed with the Draytek I had previously. Preferably one with wireless however this isn't strictly necessary since I can always add a wireless network later.

thanks for reading

Tony

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended
Swapped the zyxel for a netgear wnr2200 now able to make calls (I have an issue with the yealink headset I bought though, the microphone is so quiet that nobody can hear what you're saying. The phone handset is fine though
HP Recommended

Sounds like you already solved your problem, but for anyone else who runs into this thread later with the same question, in my experience MikroTik routers are one of the few that I've come across that actually seem to have a functional SIP ALG that doesn't make me want to tear my hair out.  They're also a tremendous value: their SOHO models run the exact same software on them as their enterprise and SP models do, with the same feature set.

Not an employee, just a satisfied user.

-- Nathan

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.