Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

We are having the same issue.  We have bought over 15 of these and all are working great.  However, we have this constant, steadily beeping issue with one of them.  It is a Polycom SoundStation IP 7000 Conference Phone.

Any ideas?

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello StammTech,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

I have moved your post from => here <= as the SSIP7000 is a completely different device as the analog SoundStations.

As these devices are supposedly new please contact your Polycom reseller so that they raise a ticket with Polycom support to investigate this.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

We bought the phone ourselves, not sure through who.  This one may have been Ebay or Amazon.  So no reseller to open a ticket.  It's not function critical, and we can obviously still use it perfectly fine.  Just more of a courteous question.  Thought maybe updating the firmware would resolve.  Any ideas?

HP Recommended

Hello StammTech,

are these new phones or second hand phones ?

I have not heard anything like this and the only sound the phone would emit is usually a message waiting tone.

Are you sure there is no voicemail or similar setup?

Could you record the sound?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

It is the voicemail sound however there are no voicemails.  We have voicemail disabled for that extension.  I recorded the sound however it isn't letting me attach it to this message. Here I tried uploading it as a video:

As I mentioned, we have purchased at least 15 of these conference phones and all work perfectly, except this one continually beeps every 35 seconds or so.

HP Recommended

Hello StammTech,

I am unable to play the Video but if you positively identified this as the Voice Mail tone then you need to check the SIP extension of this phone as the phone does not produce this tone for no reason.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

I already logged in to check and voicemail is disabled for this extension so it isn't possible that there is a voicemail.  This site is blocking any attachment of the sound clip of the beeping.  Here is a link, does this work?: https://app.box.com/s/68ny0b3cy5p72tdablmy

Thanks,

Stamm

HP Recommended

Hello StammTech,

The next step would be to check for any SIP NOTIFY messages.

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Jan 19, 2012 Question: How to troubleshoot Polycom VoIP related Issues?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

in addition it would also be interesting what Software Version you are currently running.

Oct 7, 2011 Question: How can I find out my SIP UC Software Version or the BootROM Version of my Phone?
Resolution: Please check => here <=

Providing the MAC address of the troublesome phone would probably show where it originally came from.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.