Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

My Polycome IP5000 will not pick up an IP address via DHCP. I have multiple different devices which all receive an IP address without issue, incluidng various models of IP phone and teleconference devices.

I have applied a facotry reset but the result is still the same, with the Sounstation failing to obtain an IP address and getting stuck with Initilizing network. 

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hello @Polycom2061 ,

welcome to the Poly Community.

Both the communities Must Read First and the FAQ reference the basic minimum information a new or follow up post should contain.

This ensures the questions having to be asked are limited and any new or follow up post contains the right amount of details to ensure any voluntary participant within the community does not spend additional time chasing basic information.

As a reminder the basic information asked for:

• Provide the exact Software Version of your Phone
  • Provide the Call Platform (aka openSIP,Teams, Skype for Business Online, Skype for Business on Premise, Lync)
  • Additional Poly Infrastructure (RPRM,PDMS or BToE)

Can you give it a manual IP?

• If possible provide a Log and either attach them or use the Code Tag.Consult the Troubleshooting Section found within the FAQ if applicable
  • If possible provide the MAC Address or Serial of the device
  • Provide details for example if the issue is a day 1 issue or only happened after an upgrade or any other relevant details
  • For questions around Support please check here

Whilst providing some of these details may not directly impact any possible answer the community can provide, it does enable Poly to have an overview of the current software used. In addition, providing all details at the same time allow us to check logs or look up potential support partners if an issue needs to come into support. It also enables us to verify the entitlement for using features.

Please ensure you always check the FAQ's and/or utilize the community search before posting any new topics or follow up post’s.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi

I am not sure I can retireve the software version as without an IP address, I am unable to connect to thw web GUI. 

The serial number is 64167f473b63, again I dont think I can retrieve the MAC addressas I am unable to see it on the device.

The problem has been the case from day one. If I set the IP address manually,  am nuable to ping the device, or ping out from it, I am also unable to connect to the web interface using the IP address. 

HP Recommended

Hello @Polycom2061 ,

I can see 64167F473B63 was sold via Smit Consultancy BV back in 26/11/2018 so simply contact them and RMA the unit.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I am having the same problem - cant get the soundstation IP 5000 to pull down an address over DHCP or manually setting static IP.  DHCP is working on my network with other devices. I have also taken the polycom to a different network and it pulls down an IP over DHCP just fine...bring it back to my network and it wont do it.

serial # 64167F12B435 (also the MAC address)

phone version # 4.0.8.1972

P/N is 3150.11530.408

Can someone in support please contact me to help with this....

HP Recommended

Hello @ITPFreak ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

Our records show this device sold via SCANSOURCE INC back in 08/05/2018

In order to raise a support ticket, you need to work with your Poly reseller as they may need to do this for you.

End Customers are usually unable to open a ticket directly with Poly support.

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter providing your MAC address or your Poly devices serial will enable us to look up who would be able to support you. This may not be who you purchased the Poly device from.

If the unit is no longer within the warranty please be prepared to Pay Per Incident / PPI. This is all outlined in detail here

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Kindly check the below serials as I'm experiencing the same issue, I did all but still the devices are not getting connected although the DHCP keeps offering IPs, but they never get an IP, 

Also static IP configuration didn't resolve the issue, If the issue related to firmware, Can you provide us the latest firmware file and a guide for how to install this firmware on the devices? 

Serials: 

1- 64167F474F76

2- 64167F4756EA

3- 64167F47567A

4- 64167F4751D3

5- 64167F475604

Also, Can you provide the reseller name in case you will redirect me to a reseller to get these issues resolved?  

HP Recommended

Hello @M.SaBrY ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

Sometimes it is helpful to provide a bit of background aka:

• if these units ever worked,
  • are they brand new,
  • what is the current firmware, 
  • have they been tested in another network

The data I can see:

MAC Reseller Date Purchased
64167F474F76 FVC 02/12/2019
64167F4756EA FVC 02/12/2019
64167F47567A FVC 02/12/2019
64167F4751D3 FVC 02/12/2019
64167F475604 FVC 02/12/2019

All of these are out of warranty

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Hello Steffen ,

Thanks for your reply, 

Please check my answers below, 

• if these units ever worked?  Yes they were working, we relocated them with a new extension number configuration, they worked normally, Then we relocated them again but they suddenly stopped working even we tried to plug them in the same port of old location (maybe a port configuration) but still they never worked again, A pop up of DHCP failed message appears for 5 seconds then it stuck on initializing network (It never takes an IP) 
  • are they brand new? No as I said they were installed and we just relocated them
  • what is the current firmware? Guide me how to get this info and I will provide it  
  • have they been tested in another network? no, we have one network with multiple Vlans 

NOTE: 

Network and Vlans configuration are perfectly configured and they were working well. 

HP Recommended

Hello @M.SaBrY ,

from our FAQ:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: How can I find out my SIP UC Software or Obi Edition Version or the Updater / BootROM Version of my Phone?
Resolution: Please check => here <=

Have they been tested in a different location or at home via a PoE switch?

This would be a support case via FVC as they are out of warranty. 

As the unit is no longer within the warranty please be prepared to Pay Per Incident / PPI. This is all outlined in detail here

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.