Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

The problem is the following. When creating a conference call, the system puts the call on hold for the first participant when calling the second one, and there isn't a way to resume the call.

This is the procedure I follow:

- Call the first participant.

- Press conference button on IP5000 and dial the number of the second participant, at this moment the participant 1 get automatically on hold and there is not option to join that participant on the conference call

- Same problem happens to participant 1 and 2 if I try to join a third one. And if I use the transfer button instead the Conference one.

The SIP software version used is: 3.3.3.0069

BootROM Software Version: 4.3.1.0440

Thanks,

Fernando

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello Fernando,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

I am unsure if the SSIP5000 has been interoperability tested by Mitel and you would most likely request some information from them in order to to setup a Polycom SIP phone with their SIP switch.

In order to locally troubleshoot your issue the community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Jan 19, 2012 Question: How to troubleshoot Polycom VoIP related Issues?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Above includes a hold/transfer scenario and outlines how to use the Phones logs or wireshark to check the SIP signaling.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi,

Reading the compatibility page, it seems to me that the IP5000 is compatible with Mitel MCD

http://www.polycom.co.uk/products-services/voice/conferencing-solutions/conferencing-phones/soundsta...

I've been making more trials, and I realised that If I maintain on hold the participant 1 for a period of time when maintaining the line open with participant 2, the Mitel system calls back from participant1, If I answer the call, then I have 2 conversations in the Ip5000 screen, and I can join them and split them using the ip5000 buttons. 

The problem seems to be that when addind the participant 2 to the conference, the IP5000 "forgets" about participant1

Can you please assist?

Thanks,

Fernando

HP Recommended

Hello Fernando,

as already responded you should check with Mitel if there are specific requirements in order to run our phone either on the Mitel end or if specific parameters on the SSIP need to be set.

If above fails please use the FAQ link to troubleshoot the SIP signaling.

The next step after this is raising a ticket via your Polycom reseller and/or Polycom support directly.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.