Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi all,

I'm trying to understand how to correctly provision SoundPoint IP Phones.

I'm doing my test with a soundpoint IP331 and sw version UC4.0.3F.

I'm using http server provisioning (through DHCP option 66 string value).

I put the master configuration file (00000000.cfg) in http server's root and with the substitution method I'm forcing the phone to look for his polycom-{mac}.cfg and for its firmware version in the path /polycom/.

The phone is able to provision itself with right firmware and configuration file so it can register with the sip register.

I'm still having problem with the localization, language in particular (for phone UI and WEB UI).

I've tried to put the folders:

\SoundPointIPLocalization

\languages

in the path \polycom but the phone can't' find them (I retrieve a 404 error in the provisioning http server logs).

The only way to let the phone finds the languages file is to put both the folders in the http server root.

Is there any way to instruct the phone to change for localization resources in a different path?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Regards

Francesco

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello Francesco,

once you unpack the downloaded phone software the archive already creates the correct sub folder for the languages. This is where the phone expects to find them.

The community's VoIP => FAQ <= contains this post here:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: What is the relevance of the 000000000000.cfg or <mac>.cfg?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Above explains additional options.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello Francesco,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The community's VoIP => FAQ <= contains this post here:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: How can I change the Menu Language of my Phone?

Simply placing the language files in a different directory will not automatically change the language.

A similar parameter as shown in the posted FAQ example will change the Web Interface language when provisioning a phone. Please consult the matching Admin Guide for more details.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello Steffen,

thanks for your reply.

Anyway maybe you do not understand the issue or perhaps I do not explain it clearly.

The question is not how to provisiong phone ui and web language but where to put (in which path on tftp/ftp/http server) the language resources directory (\SoundPointIPLocalization for Phone UI and \languages for WEB UI) so the phone can find them.

Is there any parameter on master file that instructs the phone to look for these directories in a different path from the root on provisioning server?

I've read the admin guide but I still can't find a solution.

Thanks in advance for your help.

BR

Francesco

HP Recommended

Hello Francesco,

once you unpack the downloaded phone software the archive already creates the correct sub folder for the languages. This is where the phone expects to find them.

The community's VoIP => FAQ <= contains this post here:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: What is the relevance of the 000000000000.cfg or <mac>.cfg?

Above explains additional options.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.