Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi All,

We are experiencing a strange issue where a couple of phones are randomly rebooting.

The phones are connected to Asterisk server running FrePBX and in a ring group.

When the ring group is called sometimes some of the VVX410's and IP650's will reboot.

This is not an easily reproducible issue.

I have yet to catch a Syslog entry from the VVX400 but I managed to catch one from the IP650.

Attached relevant syslog output - sorry about the format, website wont seem to accept .txt files

---

Some Details:

VVX400 Running Software Version 5.0.0.6874

I updated some phones to 5.0.1.7310 and so far I have not been able to reproduce the issue on these phones.

Not easy to reproduce in first place so not holding my breath.

The one 650 that is deployed is running 4.0.2.11307

I will be updating it to 4.1.0.84959 to see if it resolves

Issue seems to happen when some one somewhere picks up phone or makes call or call comes in so I am inclined to think it might be related to BLF feature mentioned elsewhere in posts.

If someone could help comfirm I would really appreciate it.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello nbrophy,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

You are correct there are various posts here already dealing with with phones rebooting or being unresponsive if BLF and/or groups are used.

As far as I am aware only one or two posters did raise this with their reseller but in order to verify / confirm if your issue is related I would need to ask you to do the same.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Will 4.0.6 address such reboot issue?

HP Recommended

Also curious if the next iteration of VVX software will address it.

HP Recommended

Hello all,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

As long as only a limited amount of people actually reporting this to our support team and provide valid data for our engineers to work on this I am unable to comment on this.

Each case may sound similar but the root cause needs to be identified.

This is only possible by submitting a support ticket to Polycom support via your Polycom reseller.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Steffen is correct...we can't necessarily assume that just because you are using BLFs that your problems are related to the same issue that I and a couple of others are seeing and have reported elsewhere.  Notably, I see that you claim to be running 4.0.2B on your SPIP 650 phone, which I have verified is not affected by the specific bug that causes the phone to crash and reboot itself.  4.0.2B does have other problems with BLFs (they can cause the phone to become unresponsive for a little bit in certain situations and also cause some line keys and BLF keys to get in a "stuck" state), but they do not cause a complete crash and reboot.  That bug is only present on 4.0.5 and 4.0.6.

If you are running Asterisk built from source in your production environment and can upgrade your 650 to 4.0.6, you could try to use my patch to Asterisk, which will work around the issue for now (assuming your issue is the same as mine): http://community.polycom.com/t5/VoIP/SoundPoint-IP-650-lockups/m-p/52336#M8392

-- Nathan

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.