Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi guys,

I am new to polycom and urgently require assistance regarding the following.

I currently have SoundPoint IP 331 Sip phones. These have been manually configured for the boot server settings using TFTP and userame and password. 

Here is what I need to achive:

Custom Boot option 160 - here I need the string setting for the polycom to contact the TFTP server where the configuration files are located.

So what I am trying to achive is that the phone powers up, gets IP address via dhcp, looks at the Option 160 configured and contacts and connects to my TFTP server to verify the configuration files and register.

I really urgently require anyones assistance in the correct Option 160 - Boot server string setting to put into the dhcp server please.

Thank you and regards

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

what dhcp server you have?

generally option 160 is not standard option so first you have to define it first.

write what you have then i will reply with howto

HP Recommended

Hi Bbialy,

Thank you very much. I will post the windows DHCP server details shortly.

Thanks again.

HP Recommended

Hi bbialy

Hope you are doing well.

Could you please provide me with the steps to configure this as it is rather urgent for me.

I only know that it is Windows DHCP.

Thanks and regards

HP Recommended

Hello OPC09,

welcome to the Polycom Support Community.

I am unsure if you have fixed your Issue in the Mean Time but usually the Option would be a string and can be in this format:

ftp://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
or
ftp://username : password@xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx  <= There is no space in front of : and in back of it !
or
tftp://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
or
http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
or
xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

Please ensure you always check the Admin Guide => here <= matching for your Phones installed Software and in addition utilize the Feature Descriptions & Technical Notifications for SoundPoint IP, SoundStation IP and Polycom VVX 15...

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi SteffenBaierUK

Thank you for you feedback.

Please advise whether this will work for DHCP custom option 160 as I cannot use option 66.

Thanking you in advance

HP Recommended

Hello OCP09,

the Polycom Phones have the factory default (depending on the Software Version) Custom+Opt.66

Custom = DHCP Option 160

Opt.66 = DHCP Option 66

The Phone first looks for an Option 160 reply from the DHCP Server and then for the Option 66.

The different strings in my original reply can be used for Option 160 or Option 66.

Most likely your Windows DHCP Server has not got an Option 160 setup and you will need to speak to your Network Administrator to get this added as a string.

Once this is done you can then point the string at the TFTP or FTP or HTTP Server which holds your provisioning Configuration.

Liaise with your Polycom Reseller or Polycom Support if you need additional Information and ensure that you check the Admin Guide as previously advised.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier 

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

HI SteffenBaierUK

Thank you very much for your assistance.

Regards

HP Recommended

Hello OPC09,

could your mark this as a Accepted Solution if it has solved your Issues so other Community Users can find this post?

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services 

HP Recommended

Hi SteffenBaierUK

As soon as I have tested this and got it working I will mark this as Accepted Solution.

Thank you again.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.