Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I am trying to enable the Custom Contact Directory in Broadsoft BroadWorks (R17) and it seems like I get to the last step before running into a problem. 

I can go under the user/client applications/polycom phone services but there is no ability to select an identity/device profile to actually enable it on the phone itself.  I feel like I'm maybe missing a step or perhaps a file somewhere.

Any help would be much appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Kalt wrote:

I am trying to enable the Custom Contact Directory in Broadsoft BroadWorks (R17) and it seems like I get to the last step before running into a problem. 

I can go under the user/client applications/polycom phone services but there is no ability to select an identity/device profile to actually enable it on the phone itself.  I feel like I'm maybe missing a step or perhaps a file somewhere.

I did get this working.  The problem is that the files on the provisioning server were not updated after enabling Polycom services.  I deleted the files from the server and let Broadworks rebuild them and it was working. 

Hope this information might be useful to anyone else experiencing this problem.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello Kalt,

did you try and follow this up with BroadSoft directly ?

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

@SteffenBaierUK wrote:

Hello Kalt,

did you try and follow this up with BroadSoft directly ?

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

No, not yet.  They're next on the list if I can't get it figured out. 

HP Recommended

Hello Kalt,

I can only suggest to contact the manufacturer of this specific solution first as they have designed it.

The fact they are using our hardware does not automatically place this community as the correct place of contact.

Other Users may reply but from a Polycom perspective I can only recommend to contact Broadsoft or seek advice in a Broadsoft community.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

@SteffenBaierUK wrote:

Hello Kalt,

I can only suggest to contact the manufacturer of this specific solution first as they have designed it.

The fact they are using our hardware does not automatically place this community as the correct place of contact.

Other Users may reply but from a Polycom perspective I can only recommend to contact Broadsoft or seek advice in a Broadsoft community.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Well, it's the "Polycom Phone Services" feature so I figure it would be a good place to ask...and if not, then I can at least provide an answer for future searchers.

HP Recommended

Hi! This is a question that needs to be forwarded to Broadsoft.

However, since I have already had the same problems, what I can say is to follow the recommendations from Broadsoft on the "BW-DeviceManagementGuide", related with the service "Polycom Phone Services, plus a tick on the device page where you can check the users associated with the device. Here, be sure that the box for "Primary Contact" is ticked for the main user.

Joao

HP Recommended

@Kalt wrote:

I did get this working.  The problem is that the files on the provisioning server were not updated after enabling Polycom services.  I deleted the files from the server and let Broadworks rebuild them and it was working. 

Hope this information might be useful to anyone else experiencing this problem.

HP Recommended

Hello Kalt,

thanks for provising an update.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.