Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Dear all

We have a problem with a Polycom IP7000 : line remains unregistered.

SIP 3.1.2.0392

Could you please let me know if it's possible to manually trigger the registration? If yes, how?

Thank you

Marian Canciu

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello

Problem solved!

The device somehow lost the password and I had to change and retype the new password.

Cheers

Marian Canciu

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello Marian,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The phone will attempt to register the line on booting up. There must be a reason for the Phone not registering.

• Has this phone ever worked or has it recently stopped working?
  • Is there a reason for this phone to be on such an old Firmware ?
    SIP 3.1.8, SIP 3.2.7, UCS 3.3.5 or even UCS 4.0.3 have been released

There is no manual way to trigger the registration.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello Steffen

Thank you very much for the fast reply.

-> The phone worked perfectly for a couple of months.

-> This is the initial Firmware (the phone was delivered with this firmware) and there was no reason to change it since the phone was properly working.

Do I understand correctly: you are suggesting to perform immediately a firmware upgrade?

Cheers

Marian Canciu

HP Recommended

Hello Marian,

if the unit used to work and now no longer does something in your network has changed.

The most obvious quick test would be to reboot the unit.

If this still does not work then you should follow this VoIP FAQ entry:

Jan 19, 2012 Question: How to troubleshoot Polycom VoIP related Issues?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello Steffen

Nothing was changed in the network.

As a workaround we replaced the conference phone with another phone and we don't face any issues with the replacement phone.

The line icon is white and the line status is not registered.

The server has the same status: not registered.

We tried several reboots without success.

Any other ideas?

Cheers

Marian Canciu

HP Recommended

Hello,

as already replied:

If this still does not work then you should follow this VoIP FAQ entry:

Jan 19, 2012 Question: How to troubleshoot Polycom VoIP related Issues?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Hello

Problem solved!

The device somehow lost the password and I had to change and retype the new password.

Cheers

Marian Canciu

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.