Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Starting at about the 4.0.0 firmware release, my Polycom 670 started to get really sluggish.  For example, when I would dial digits or PIN codes the phone would stop responding and then rapidly catch up dialing the digits.  I've upgraded the firmware all the way to 4.0.6.0711 and the problem persists.  I've reset everything possible and formated the file system, etc.  No luck.

I've noticed that if I watch the CPU graph, it periodically and regularly spikes to 100% for a few seconds.  The graph even stops while it does this, then rapidly catches up displaying the 100% CPU spike.  This happens about every 12 to 15 seconds.

The memory usagehovers at 90%.  I'm not sure what a "good" value is here.

I don't have any errors in boot.log or app.log.  Any ideas on how I can fix this?  It's getting to the point where I can't get PIN codes in for conference calls because the other end times out before the Polycom can "catch up". Even the End Call button doesn't respond when this is happening.  In fact, nothing responds, not Menu, not Back, etc.

I've had this phone for 6 years, is the hardware rev level getting too old for these newer firmwares?

Anny suggestions greatly appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello Michael,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

A good starting point is usually to describe the usage of the Phone.

Is it simply registered with one Line or has it multiple shared lines, BLF's or Buddy's ?

How many Phone Contacts are stored ?

Do you use Coporate Directory ?

Are you sure you are not using any old configuration parameters or values ?

As you already mentioned the unit is over 6 years old and it is coming to its limits using UCS 4.0.6.

I would still expect it to work under a normal setup.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I have three lines registered.  Two with the same SIP provider and one with a second.  That's it.  No shared lines, BLF's, or Buddy's.  I have 108 contacts stored.  I do not use the corporate directory feature.  I have been through the configs and they look good to me.  There is very little in them these days with the 4.0.x release.

I dropped the third line with the second SIP provider and the spikes have improved.   They are still there but not as often but slightly longer in duration.   So I dropped it down to one line and the spikes are slightly better than with two.  It sure seems like something it is doing per line.

I'm getting frustrated working on this and wondering if one of these Polycom VVX phones will be "plug and play" compatible.with my setup.  Are the config files the same?  Can I use my EHS cable for my GN9350 on one of these phones?

HP Recommended

Hello Michael,

the above would be something we would need to verify in a lab.

As the unit is so far out of warrenty this would not be via a support ticket.

A VVX500 or any other newer VVX models are based on a similar software but are equipped with more memory and CPU as they are our current phones.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I think it's time to just buy a new phone.  I'm going to call my phone distributor and look into the VVX models.  Thanks for the replies.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.