Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

My company uses the Polycom SoundPoint 650 and we are looking at whether we can hook it up directly with a VoIP service called Gradwell. They told us the following:

"You can connect direct to our account with SIP registration. As long as the poly coms can have the details amended to SIP extension and password for our service."

I am trying to figure out whether the Polycom 650 can do what they are asking. Can anyone tell me if this is possible with the 650? I tried looking at the user guide but didn't see anything about setting an SIP extension or password.

Thanks!

Gary

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi GaryDenver,

Please also check out QT 44011 from the Quick Tip section of our website. This has instructions for a basic SIP registration, configured from the phone's web interface. As per their knowledgebase, Gradwell should have provided pertinent SIP account information in your welcome email; this will be needed to complete the registration. This article on Gradwell's knowledgebase discusses settings for the IP 320; similar steps can be applied to other Polycom IP phones.

-James

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello GaryDenver,

Configuration on the Polycom® Phone Menu:

• Press the Menu Button
• Choose (3) Settings
• Choose (2) Advanced
• Password is 456
• Choose (1) Admin Settings
• Choose (2) SIP Configuration
• Select Server and add the IP Address or FQDN of the SIP Provider
Confirm this selection and scroll down to Line1:
• Enter a Display Name
• Add the SIP Extension/Username as the Address
• Add the SIP Extension/Username as the Auth User ID
• Add the Password
• Optional add a Label that will be displayed next to the Line Key
• Press exit until the Prompt comes to save the Settings and the Phone will reboot after this

Configuration via the Polycom® Phone Web interface:

Browse to the Phones Web Server

Username: Polycom
Password: 456

Line Settings:

· Add the SIP Extension/Username as the Address
· Add SIP Extension/Username as the Auth User ID
· Add the Auth Password

Sip Server Settings:

Just add the IP Address or FQDN of the SIP Provider in the Server 1 Selection

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi GaryDenver,

Please also check out QT 44011 from the Quick Tip section of our website. This has instructions for a basic SIP registration, configured from the phone's web interface. As per their knowledgebase, Gradwell should have provided pertinent SIP account information in your welcome email; this will be needed to complete the registration. This article on Gradwell's knowledgebase discusses settings for the IP 320; similar steps can be applied to other Polycom IP phones.

-James

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.