Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Polycom IP 331

When transferring a call to another extension, "Blind Transfer" I cannot dial more then 2 digits to transfer the call. Dialplan seems to be working just fine as we can dial 7 digits and 10 or 11 digits when dialing and the calls are completing just fine.

Any ideas as to what would be restricting the ability to dial the 3 digit extension when trying to perform a blind transfer?

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello agcomtech,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The Digitmap is only applied when the phone is off hook.

So if you are able to dial any number on hook that does not prove that you can dial numbers, checked against the digitmap , when you are off hook like in a transfer scenario.

The community's VoIP => FAQ <= contains this post here:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: Phone unable to Dial a number when Off Hook or on 2nd Call in a Conference

ResolutionPlease check => here <=

Above contains a detailed explanation and also a troubleshooting section.

The easiest fix would be to simply remove the whole digitmap and let your call server deal with this.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi,

I have Polycom 335 and I am having the same issue as you.  Please let me know how you were able to resolve the issue.

Thanks in advance!

HP Recommended

Hello atran214,

My original reply already leads to a post explaining how to troubleshoot this.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

This response is very vague as to how the linked post from the Polycom employee applies to the OP's issue.

Why does the dial plan keep the user from dialing more than 2 digits?  There is no explanation as to that, which in turn makes it very difficult to understand how to edit the dial plan to fix the problem.

While the information in the Dial Plan post that is linked to is helpful, it does not provide an answer to fix the problem.

HP Recommended

Hello @BBDBrian,

You have not provided the minimum required information as outlined in the Read First.

The above quoted FAQ is states you cannot dial a certain number when off hook. When you try to transfer a call you get dialtone aka you are off hook

I do not know what digitmap your phone utilizes but it must match one in the digitmap so please utilize the FAQ to find and amend it.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Polycom phone is immediately dialing upon 2 (two) digits being entered.  This behavior can be modified to allow for 3 (three) digits by prepending the digitmap with the following:

1[0-1]x|*xx|

Thereby the entire digitmap in my case is:

1[0-1]x|*xx|[2-9]11|0T|011xxx.T|[0-1][2-9]xxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxT

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.