Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi

I was just wondering if there is any way to get rid of the default authorized 911 entry when you enable the phone lock feature?

Current software version :

4.1.5.3284 - various VVX models

Currently config is:

<phoneLock/>
   <phoneLock.enabled phoneLock.enabled="1" />
   <phoneLock.authorized.1.description phoneLock.authorized.1.description="Emergency Calls" />
   <phoneLock.authorized.1.value phoneLock.authorized.1.value="999" />
  <phoneLock/>

However when placed in lock mode>new call there are 2 options:

1 Emergency (911)

2 Emergency Calls (999)

I can see that number 2 is what I have specified however where does 911 come from and how can I remove it?

Many thanks

Dave

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello Dave,

to my knowledge this is working as designed.

The 911 is a hard coded Value for the USA and other countries.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello Dave,

to my knowledge this is working as designed.

The 911 is a hard coded Value for the USA and other countries.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thanks for clarification Steffen

Best regards

Dave

HP Recommended

I found I was able to replace the default 911 handling with Australia's (000) with the following:

<dialplan dialplan.1.e911dialmask="112;106" dialplan.1.e911dialstring="000" dialplan.routing.emergency.1.value="000" />

I can now dial a three-digit extension of 911 without it being classed as an Emergency call, and when the phone's locked, 000 is now the top option, without me needing to add it to the phoneLock.authorized list.

(FYI, this is on a 410 and a 500 running 5.0.1.5669 and registered to Lync 2013).

- Greig.

HP Recommended

I am having the same issue-

The phone is in a nursing home and patience with Dementia keep calling 911- I setup Phonelock but because of the authorized emergency number.......

HP Recommended

Hello SamF,

did you try the approach as replied by the community member prior to your post?

If this does not work for you I can only ask you to please raise this via your Polycom reseller as a feature request via a Polycom sales engineer and provide a business proposal why this would be required.

Above is needed in order to track this internally within Polycom and evaluate the request and prioritize this based on the feasibility and the general impact on other features.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

I did end up using the above method.

I send calls to a random number that plays a message. "In order to actually call emergency they need to unlock the phone and dial 911".

I guess I will put the request in to my reseller.

HP Recommended

@SamFwrote:

I did end up using the above method.

I send calls to a random number that plays a message. "In order to actually call emergency they need to unlock the phone and dial 911".

I guess I will put the request in to my reseller.

I just want to clarify you used something like:

<dialplan dialplan.1.e911dialmask="911" dialplan.1.e911dialstring="redirected number" dialplan.routing.emergency.1.value="whatever you want to displayin the auth list" />

thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.