Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

A customer has reported that most of his buttons on a 330 phone except button 6 were not responding, he did quick unplug of the ethernet cable (phone powered via poe) and plugged it in, which did not resolve the issue.

Later the phone was rebooted through the http interface and the problem went away.

These phones were recently upgraded to 3.3.1 firmware.

Multiple phones have reported this issue since.

Is there anything that I can try quickly other than setup a full blown network port trap to submit an issue with polycom support?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello ritesx,

is this happening on Inbound DTMF (RTP Payload) or Outbound (SIP Info)?

is this happening only with internal calls or external or both?

I would suggest to change log.level.change.pps="2" and log.level.change.key="2" and then check your <mac>-app.log or <mac>-now-app.log.

This should contain the Information what Key was pressed and if the DTMF was created by the Phone and what Key was pressed.

Please raise this via your Polycom Reseller if you feel that this is an issue found on the Polycom Phones.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

If you are referring inbound/outbound with respect to the phone system, It would be inbound dtmf.

If this is with respect to the phone, outbound dtmf (via rtp) is the only one relevant w.r.t phone.

It started happening in the middle of a call, once it started happening, the phone wouldn't work, so they hungup the call and tried to dial a new call, the buttons wouldn't work (We are not using overlap dial, so rtp or sip info would not be involved here, the dialed number would go into the INVITE line of the sip request).

On the surface it seems more like a key lockup than a signaling issue. Will still try to put in the options you mentioned.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Hello ritesx,

you mentioned that the Phones where recently upgraded. Did you or your Polycom Reseller pay attention to this document here ?

Without knowing what Parameters you are using to provision your Phone I can only assume that you may still be using the sip.cfg and phone1.cfg and this may cause the Phone to load wrong Parameters.

If above is the case check the Support page for the cfcUtility to convert the "old" files and if you still find the above reported issue log a ticket via your Polycom Reseller.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

SteffenBaier,

Yes, we have gone through all the documentation, updated configuration generation process for the new firmware to only generate what is needed and updated changed and removed settings. Followed exactly as suggested by polycom for the latest UC firmware.

Thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.