Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello all am using a polycom soundpoint and i want a situation where by i can lock the phone without authorise acess to it for making calls. But i cant find the phone lock feature on the phone moving to settings>basic>lock phone

please how do i go about it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

since this feature was only added in UCS 3.3.0. how then do i upgrade the firm ware of my Polycom SoundPoint IP 335

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hello Enodano,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

To my knowledge this feature was only added in UCS 3.3.0

Please check the UCS Admin guide page A - 74

You need to ensure that your Phone can run UCS 3.3.0 or newer Software.

The Standard Lock behavior is described in detail => here <= 

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

since this feature was only added in UCS 3.3.0. how then do i upgrade the firm ware of my Polycom SoundPoint IP 335

HP Recommended

Hello ,

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: How can I setup my Phone / Provisioning / Download Software?
Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Please How do I check the UCS of my polycom phone running on  Rev. 3.1.3.0507

HP Recommended

Hello Enodano,

would you mind consulting the FAQ before posting new questions ?

The FAQ also contains an answer to your latest question:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: How can I find out my SIP UC Software Version or the BootROM Version of my Phone?

In addition the post above replied by myself brings you to the Update FAQ page which also has this within the post:

Checking the current Software Version:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: How can I find out my SIP UC Software Version or the BootROM Version of my Phone?

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

well have consider the FAQ but am not getting answers like i said am using IP 335 the phone lock feature is suppose to be there but can not find it basically you  Press MENU , and then select Settings > Basic > Lock Phone. the lock phone feature which am not seeing.. i have even done the update for the switchvox PBX am using in other for the phones to pick up whatever necessary updates are needed

please what else should i do am not getting answers

HP Recommended

Hello Enodano,

you replied that your current Version is SIP 3.1.3.0507.

Above does not support this feature and I explained that this was only added in UCS 3.3.0 and you therefore need to update your software.

I have now in addition created a new FAQ post explaining the feature:

Apr 23, 2013 Question: How can I lock my phone?

I already posted the Link on how to upgrade the Phone and how to check the Software Version so both of these questions have been answered as well.

So please:

• check your software Version as advised
  • Upgrade if needed
  • follow the new FAQ post

If you still struggle with the above please contact your Polycom reseller and/or follow up the advise in my signature.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

how about this version PolycomSoundPointIP-SPIP_335-UA/3.2.6.0314  and from your post how do i enable the  enhancedFeatureKeys pls

HP Recommended

Hello Enodano,

SIP 3.2.6 is not UCS 3.3.0 or higher!

We named our Version SIP up to version 3.2.x

Since UCS 3.3.0 only the name UC Software / UCS is being used.

The SPIP335 can run UCS 4.1.0 Rev B and you can then follow up the post / FAQ

You can see the separate versions on the SPIP335 support site = >here <=

The latest Software can always be found => here <=

Please contact your Polycom reseller for any follow up questions as all information has been provided.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.