Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Tried paging on the same vlan with vvx450 and it works just fine. However when I moved one of the phones on different vlan, paging is not working. It looks like there is a need to enable multicast routing on the network. Do I need also to enable IGMP on layer 2.

Anyone has a sample solution would be really great. It may not be the same since every network is different in terms of hardware routers and switches but at least it will give me an idea on how to make this work.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @zac2021 ,

Welcome back to the Poly community.

Some or a couple of your old post(s) or reply(s) to them >here< are still open/pending as you have not marked these as "Accept as a solution" or at least provide some form of feedback or answer.

If they are in this state nobody finding them via a community search will know if an answer or advice provided was useful and has maybe helped you.

Could you therefore kindly go over them and mark or answer as appropriate?

If they are marked as "Accept as a solution" other users can find these easier and it helps them to utilize the community more efficiently.

Please do not simply mark them without any type of feedback. 

Other volunteers are welcome to comment but official support can only be provided via the well-outlined methods.

I checked your credentials and can see your work for a large partner of ours. I am aware of many former Poly employees now working in your organisation so I suggest you reach out to them (feel free to contact me via DM).

For your new issue, we do not have an official document and it depends on the Switch Infrastructure but have a look, for example,>here< for Cisco and a more fitting discussion for Juniper >here<

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello @zac2021 ,

Welcome back to the Poly community.

Some or a couple of your old post(s) or reply(s) to them >here< are still open/pending as you have not marked these as "Accept as a solution" or at least provide some form of feedback or answer.

If they are in this state nobody finding them via a community search will know if an answer or advice provided was useful and has maybe helped you.

Could you therefore kindly go over them and mark or answer as appropriate?

If they are marked as "Accept as a solution" other users can find these easier and it helps them to utilize the community more efficiently.

Please do not simply mark them without any type of feedback. 

Other volunteers are welcome to comment but official support can only be provided via the well-outlined methods.

I checked your credentials and can see your work for a large partner of ours. I am aware of many former Poly employees now working in your organisation so I suggest you reach out to them (feel free to contact me via DM).

For your new issue, we do not have an official document and it depends on the Switch Infrastructure but have a look, for example,>here< for Cisco and a more fitting discussion for Juniper >here<

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello @zac2021 ,

I have seen you marked this as the solution provided but could you kindly share any configuration?

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Hello -- There is no single solution to this as this depends on the underlying network switches, routers and firewalls (brand/model) implementation of multicast routing from layer 2 to layer 3. In general, it follows the standards for multicast. I was to able to make this work in my lab environment. To make this work, tech folks in charge of the implementation must have the understanding of multicast traffic/routing and has to be planned accordingly. Thanks

HP Recommended

Hello @zac2021 

maybe an example switch config for your working scenario would help others?

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.