Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

HI. I just upgrade from 3.1.1.0137 to 3.1.8.007x split.   and I was wondering

1: it is possible to use codec ILBC codec as g722 ? the console only have ulaw, alaw and g729ab. but maybe in the phone.cfg ? and if yes how ?

this make me to question the second question ?

2: ip polycom matriz show that for IP601 the latest is 3.1.8.x legacy, however there are another info that show that in order to go with versions 4.x.x you should download the upgrade tool. so it is possible to upgrade 601 to 4.x.x. ?

thanks so much

Inquba

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello Inquba,

The link simply explains how to utilize "older" legacy phones in a mix with newer phones.

Your Polycom SoundPoint IP 601 is a legacy phone which will only upgrade to SIP Version 3.1.8 and BootROM 4.1.4

You cannot upgrade the phone to any later version than this.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

I have read that polycom 601 can upgrade to 3.2.0 which has iLBC codec support. I have followed the instructions but something is missing since the phone is still in 3.1.8 sip version here the link that refer it can be upgraded to 3.2.0

This information applies to: • SoundPoint IP 300 and 500 phones used in SIP installations running SIP software release 2.2.0 or later • SoundPoint IP 301, 501, 600, and 601 and SoundStation IP 4000 phones used in SIP installations running SIP software release 3.2.0 or later.

http://www.voipsupply.com/blog/voip-insider/files/2009/08/SoundPointIP-Phone-Support-in-SIP-3.2.0-TB...

I am running BootROM 4.1.4 ( this upgrade requiere the BootROM to be at least 4.0.0)

I download 3.2.0 conbined, then extract sip.ld , phone1.cfg and sip.cfg and put in boot server.

then I download the legacy 3.1.8 for polycom 601 and put the sip_318.ld , phone1_318.cfg and sip_318.cfg and put in boot server too.   the 00000000.cfg has reference of sip.ld, sip.cfg, phone1.cfg and polycom601 sip_318.ld , phone1_318.cfg and sip_318.cfg

I restard the phone and load the application but it is 3.1.8 again. not 3.2.0  what i am missing ?

thanks in advace

Inquba

HP Recommended

Hello Inquba,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The best place to check is usually the SIP Matrix or simply any Software Release note that is released with our Software as it list's the compatible Phones.

The Support Page for the SPIP 601 legacy phone can be found => here <= and checking the relevant documents shows the latest supported software for the SPIP 601 is SIP 3.1.8

The third party page not related to Polycom mentioned above is incorrect if it states otherwise.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

here is a link from polycom that officialy said that it can be upgrade.... but no success  please check this

http://supportdocs.polycom.com/PolycomService/support/global/documents/support/technical/products/vo...

HP Recommended

Hello Inquba,

The link simply explains how to utilize "older" legacy phones in a mix with newer phones.

Your Polycom SoundPoint IP 601 is a legacy phone which will only upgrade to SIP Version 3.1.8 and BootROM 4.1.4

You cannot upgrade the phone to any later version than this.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.