Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello, folks.

I'm just finishing setting up some SoundPoint 321's for our office, including a one-line XHTML page in the microbrowser to show the agent's logged in status on the idle screen.  The text shows up, and it mostly works like a charm.  There are two things that bug me, though, and I'm wondering if anyone knows how to fix them:

1. There's a solid black line underneath the microbrowser text, which is a little unsightly and IMO unnecessary.  I've tried adding and removing line breaks and whitespace to the body of the XHTML to see if that would do anything, but it's always there.  Not a big deal, just not "perfect".

2. On the top line of the display, the date/time always alternates with "1: 78" (which is line 1 registered with SIP username 78--not very important information for us)  Is there anyway to suppress this SIP registration info, and just show the date/time full-time?  It would be much less distracting.

All-in-all, we love these phones!  Looking forward to putting them out on the floor soon...

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello cmdrwalrus,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Can I bring this post => here <= to your attention?

This also shows the line in the HTML example. It also mentions the Time & Date being affected. There is no way to my knowledge to disable to show the Line Registration Name.

Above query is current status working as designed and any changes to the standard phone behavior / design need to be raised via your Reseller to your local Polycom SE with a business proposal to justify the change.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello cmdrwalrus,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Can I bring this post => here <= to your attention?

This also shows the line in the HTML example. It also mentions the Time & Date being affected. There is no way to my knowledge to disable to show the Line Registration Name.

Above query is current status working as designed and any changes to the standard phone behavior / design need to be raised via your Reseller to your local Polycom SE with a business proposal to justify the change.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thanks for the response!  I suspected there wasn't anything to do about it, but I thought I should ask in case I was missing something. 

It's certainly not a big enough issue to put together a business proposal.  It would probably be more cost effective just to upgrade to a phone with a bigger screen. 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.