Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Looks like there is no issue with making outbound calls via Obitalk service **9<Obitalk number> or pp(Obitalk number) from the VVX x50 phones provisioned by Google Voice. 

However,  it's NOT possible to receive Obi calls on a VVX OBi Edition phone. Calls dialed to a VVX x50 Obi Edition phone via Obitalk (**9+Obi_number) are not ringing.They show up on the missed calls history, but they never get displayed or sounded on any of the VVX x50 Obi Edition phones configured with G-Suite Google Voice. 

Any suggestions? 

Many thanks,

Michael

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen, this is awesome.

You are great! 

Thanks so much for your help. 
Michael

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hello @Michael8080 ,

welcome to the Poly Community.

As Google is in complete control of the phone settings I would suggest you log this with Google as they may have made changes to the original ObiTalk settings on the phone.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen, many thanks for your reply.

I would need to tell Google support folks which settings need to be enabled/changed.

They do not seem to be familiar with the OBi-number to OBi-number calls through OBitalk network.

I've talked with Google support folks from Guatemala who support US and Google support folks from Ireland who support Europe. Neither of the contacts seem to be aware of the OBitalk service. 

Do you know which settings need to be enabled? 

Many thanks!
Michael

HP Recommended

Hello @Michael8080 ,

from my own personal experience, once the phone is provisioned by Google, Google is the only service provider you can use.

I have asked this question internally from the team who look after the partnership but I cannot guarantee an answer. The official answer would need to come from Google as they offer the service.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Understood. Thank you.

I just need to tell Google what settings we need them to change in their VVX x50 configuration to enable receiving Obitalk calls. 

HP Recommended

Hello @Michael8080 ,

I forwarded this post to the team that works with Google and Google will make a change to the configuration so you should be able to use the ObiTalk feature.

Please liaise with Google if you have any questions on the timeline for this.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Hi Steffen, this is awesome.

You are great! 

Thanks so much for your help. 
Michael

HP Recommended

HP Recommended

Hello @Istraun60 ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

You have not written anything so please go ahead and write something

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.