Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I'm using a VVX600 using 5.4.0 UC software with Broadosft UC-One features.

Trying to dial a UC-One directory contact I get 'URL dialing disabled' as the phone is converting the XMPP address to a SIP URI and trying to dial that way.

Is there a way to dial the number of the Work number of the contact instead?

I would assume that it has somehting to do with the xmpp.1.dialMethod option, but the documentation is useless from Broadosoft and Polycom.

Many thanks

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi Peter

I hope you can help, did you ever manage to resolve the issue of dialing UC-One contacts and Favorites.

I have enabled both of the below settings but still experience the "URL calling is disabled" error message when attempting to dial.

feature.urlDialing.enabled="1"

call.urlModeDialing="1"

Looking at the documentation I noticed that xmpp.1.dialMethod can only be set to "sip"

Thanks

Albert

HP Recommended

Has anyone resolved this issue?  I have tried everything that I can find on the forum and in documentation.  I just want the favorite to dial the work number instead doing what is described in the Admin Guide.

xmpp.1.dialMethod String min 0, max 256 SIP For SIP dialing, the destination XMPP URI is converted to a SIP URI, and the first available SIP line is used to place the call.

HP Recommended

Hello jaikens,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

I suggest you raise a support ticket via your Polycom reseller as this way we can open an internal doc bug or enhancement request once the feature and usage was determined.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.