Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Dear all,

i am experiencing problem while opening office communicator and live meeting , i already turn off the TTY features but nothing happen , the noise still show up .

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello aditp,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Can you make or receive a normal phone call via the CX100 from another CX Client or phone or just office communicator without the noise you mention?

If yes, please liaise with our Partner Microsoft as they are responsible for the Office Communicator Software /  Operating System / Live Meeting.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Detail Environment

this problem only occurs on HP Elitebook 2540P on Windows XP 32 bit (no sound , and full of noise ) , but when we retry same type of notebook running on windows 7 64 bit works fine , i try to use other brand of notebook all version of windows running ok .

thanks for the response

best regards

adit

HP Recommended

Hello Adit,

you have not answered my original question. Your initial post mentions the noise only in a conference with live meeting.

Does the CX100 as a standalone device work with calls between other devices yes or no?

If yes or if this only happens with a certain Operating System using the same Hardware then the answer is as already given. 

Microsoft delivers the drivers for the CX100 within the Office Communicator and any issues would need to be raised with Microsoft. Please ensure that you are running the latest Version of Office Communicator / LYNC.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Yes, We use CX100 alone, is it possible that built in device from notebook interference with CX100?

Technically  I already change the device use CX100 from control panel-sound.

With another brand (Fujitsu and Dell) and same OS XP, it is working properly automatically

HP Recommended

Hello adit,

I am still not convinced that you have answered the question asked.

Please answer below or check against in order for you to report this to the relevant Party:

Scenario 1

HP Elitebook 2540 => Windows XP => CX100

CX100 always makes a noise ? Yes / No

CX100 makes a noise when calling/called from another Office Communicator Client ? Yes / No

CX100 makes a noise only when in a Live Meeting ? Yes / No

Scenario 2

HP Elitebook 2540 => Windows 7 => CX100

CX100 makes a noise when calling/called from another Office Communicator Client ? Yes / No

Scenario 3

Fujitsu and Dell => Windows XP => CX100

Scenario 4

Fujitsu and Dell => Windows 7 => CX100

If the answers to scenario 2,3 and 4 are all No then you should understand the the issue is the combination of the HP Elitebook 2540 and Microsoft Windows XP.

The CX100 manufactured by Polycom works in scenario 2,3 and 4 so therefore Polycom is not able to support your scenario 1.

You should therefore contact either HP as they are the Hardware manufacturer for the Laptop providing the drivers for the USB Ports and the Sound Card or Microsoft as they are providing the Operating system and the OCS Client.

Please contact one or both as Polycom Support is unable to help you as your clearly proved that the issue is based on the operating System / Hardware and not caused by our Product.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.