Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello. I have researched the community as well as on the internet for a solution to our problem.

We are trying out a VVX Color Expansion Module to see if it is worth buying. Our configuration is a hosted Lync solution where we are testing VVX 500 telephones. The telephones are running 5.2.0.8330 and are configured for Lync. The telephones seem to work fine and we are able to call out and call in to the telephones.

We received the VVX Color Expansion Module and I had hoped it was just plug and play. But unfortunately we have had no luck getting any contacts displayed on the Expansion Module.

We are not using a provisioning server and was hoping that we could just use the web interface for configuring the telephone and the Expansion Module. But as of today we have not had any luck.

I have tried adding contacts, adding to favorites, holding down a button on the Expansion Module and adding a contact, but nothing seems to work.

If I check the the status of the line keys on the Expansion Module, they are all unassigned.

I guess my question is...can the Expansion Module work out of the box? And if so, what can I expect?

And yes, I have tried to wade through the various documents on the Polycom support site, but have to admit there is a LOT, and many times, the documentation seems to refer to UC 4.x versions instead og 5.2 which we are running.

Can anybody give me any pointers?

Thanks - Patrick

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello Patrick,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The expansion module is automatically populated when the main phone does no longer have any "room" for additional contacts.

You can manually re-assign any key as explained here:

Jan 12, 2012 Question: Can I change / re-assign the appearance of  Line, BLF, Speed Dial and Presence Keys?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

There is at present no way to move these keys via the web interface.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.