Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi All,

My C100S suddenly stopped working with the following symptoms:

- Windows 7 64bit

- OS can't recognise the device - neither installing driver automaticaly (it fails) or manually from polycom web site

- When plugged in USB both red and green leds on C100S are constantly on. Looks like yellow light.

- None of buttons are working, Polycom sowtware can not see the device

I tested it on 3 different laptops with the same result.

Previously C100S worked well, problem uppeared straight after laptop received another windows update and was rebooted.

Does anyone have any thoughts or experienced similar issue? Don't want to think that device is dead... would be very disappointing.

Thanks!

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hello Andrey,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Based on the information that you have tested the device on 3 different laptops I can only assume the device is defective.

How this would coincidence with the installation of a windows update is unclear and I have not heard of any other occurrences as such.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

Thanks for your reply, however it didn't help much unfortunately.

As I have mentioned earlier C100 turns both green and red LEDs on when I plug it in to any USB port. I can't remember it happened before and user Manual doesn't mention why/when this can happen.

Does it mean something to you or anyone who knows the "internals" of the product better? Is it a sign of malfunction?

Thank you,

Andrey

HP Recommended

Hello Andrey,

Plugging the device into the USB port will shortly use Green and Red initially to illuminate the "ring" and then shortly display red only.

After this no lights are being displayed.

Pressing the Mute Icon will illuminate the "ring" red.

As mentioned already I believe this device is defective.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

Thanks, a bit sad that such a simple device can actually break, especially for the price:) Will see if I can return it.

Regards,

Andrey

HP Recommended

Hello Andrey,

not knowing the full history or age of the unit my reply simply assumes the unit is defective by what you describe.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

My beloved Polycom Communicator C100S has always worked beautifully on my Sony Vaio laptop with Win 7. However, I made the mistake of upgrading to Win 10 last week and now the Communicator will not work at all. It is a disaster for me as the Vaio speakers are so poor and the Communicator excells in allowing Skype conference calls. Will there be an upgrade pretty soon? Many thanks, John 

HP Recommended

Hello JohnDownUnder,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Our official support page => here <= does state the currently supported Operating systems.

Neither Windows 8, Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 are listed as supported Operating systems and I am not aware of any future development.

Stating the above I plugged my own C100S into a Windows 10 PC and it works.

The community search should find another few C100S discussions on unsupported Operating systems and how other people got theirs working.

Officially Windows 7 is the latest supported OS.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Dear Steffen,

Thank you very much for taking the time to reply so quickly. It is much appreciated indeed. I am astonished (and envious!) that your C100S works on your Win 10 PC and have returned to trying to get mine to work but, unfortunately, to no avail. I will ask our institute's IT person to have a look and see if there is a work-around of some sort that he can find. In the meantime, I am curious to note that there is seemingly no speakerphone of any brand on the market today that is supposedly Win 10-compartible. I will be happy to switch back to Win 7 if I have to.

I'll keep you posted on my experiences and the outcome but, for now, thank you again for your time and effort. 

Best wishes,

John

HP Recommended

This is so long ago, probably noone is still there... but my C100S just suffered the same fate.  Did you ever find any fix?  Mine was working perfectly for years, including with Windows 10, but just failed a couple of days ago.  The symptoms are exactly as you describe.

Nick Goldman

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.