Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Friends,

It has been literally 2 days and I am struggling to get my polycom IP 450 phone provisioned through TFTP, here is the software information,

Phone Information

Phone Model SoundPoint IP 450

Part Number 2345-12450-001 Rev:B

MAC Address 00:04:F2:2F:38:C2

IP Address 192.168.2.187

UC Software Version 4.1.0.84959

BootROM Software Version5.0.3.1667

I am trying to provision it via a remote TFTP server. All the ports are open and I have verified that by seeing the hits on my server. NOTE , PLEASE SEE THE SCREEN SHOT

I don't think the phone reads MAC.cfg file. Here is my MAC Cfg file,

<?xml version="1.0" standalone="yes"?>
<!-- Default Master SIP Configuration File-->
<!-- $RCSfile: 000000000000.cfg,v $ $Revision: 1.14.22.4 $ -->
<!--
#################PROVISIONER.NET#################
# This Configuration file was generated from the Provisioner.net Library by EndPoint Manager Version 2.11.5.3
# Generated on: Wednesday 23rd of April 2014 12:45:03 PM
#
#
# Provisioner Information Follows:
# Brand Revision Timestamp: 1395183811 (Tuesday 18th of March 2014 07:03:31 PM)
# Family Revision Timestamp: 1395183811 (Tuesday 18th of March 2014 07:03:31 PM)
#
##################################################
-->
<APPLICATION
        APP_FILE_PATH="2345-12450-001.sip.ld"
        CONFIG_FILES="0004f22f38c2_reg.cfg, sip.cfg"
        MISC_FILES=""
        LOG_FILE_DIRECTORY="/logs"
        OVERRIDES_DIRECTORY="/overrides"
        CONTACTS_DIRECTORY="/contacts"
        LICENSE_DIRECTORY="/licenses">
</APPLICATION>

My 0004f22f38c2_reg.cfg file is attached with the post.

When I boot my phone, attached is the phone log also. IT SIMPLY DOESNT SEEM TO PICK THE CONFIGURATION

Any assistance shall be highly appreciated !

Phone Information Phone Model SoundPoint IP 450 Part Number 2345-12450-001 Rev:B MAC Address 00:04:F2:2F:38:C2 IP Address 192.168.2.187 UC Software Version 4.1.0.84959 BootROM Software Version 5.0.3.1667

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Can anyone help ?

HP Recommended

Hello arrajput,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Usually community members respond if they have anything they can add to a post but if your require support you will need to raise this via your Polycom reseller.

Are you using this SPIP450 on LYNC or a normal SIP registration ?

If normal SIP you should use UCS 4.0.6 as 4.1.0 is for LYNC only.

In order to troubleshoot via logs you should set the Copy and Curl logging level to event 2 and also in parallel setup a wireshark trace so you can see what is happening on the network.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thank you Stefen,

This is not for Lync. This is a normal SIP registration. I have tried by downgrading the software too.

I see the TFTP taking hits from the phone, so no network issues.

Did you had a chance to look at my screen shot ? Is the TFTP setting alright ?

And from the logs, can you identify the issue so I can work on it. At this point, I am lost and I have no direction.

Regards,

HP Recommended

Also, what would this imply ?

03|Sip Register Usr:SPIP Dsp:SoundPoint IP Auth:'' Inx:0

This is TFTP provisioning, it doesnt seem to pick my user from SIP server !

HP Recommended

Hello,

Troubleshooting or providing support via the community is outside the scope for myself as an Polycom employee.

I would simply suggest to check the same configuration when using a FTP server for example.

Please raise a ticket with your Polycom reseller to bring this to the attention of Polycom support.

You will need to provide the following:

• Wireshark Trace of the Phone booting up until issue is reproduced (if reproducible)
• Phone Configuration files
• -app.log and -boot.log as a complete set (via Syslog or FTP server with append allowed)
• SIP Server Details

Best regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I have switched to FTP provisioning,

Here is what I get in my logs,

000029.002|cfg  |5|03|Prm|Parameter acd.reg requested type 0 but is of type 2
000029.016|sip  |*|03|Fast Boot Measurement Point: Ready for Call, uptime: 29.016 sec.
000029.018|app1 |*|03|Ctx [0] Registered [false]
0424171500|sip  |4|03|Registration failed User: 1003, Error Code:403 Forbidden

The password is correct in my SIP Configs, How come I am getting this error ?

HP Recommended

When i have problems like that I troubleshoot using a tftp server in my laptop.  I use the free Solarwinds server as I can see error messages in realtime as it does its thing.  I set the DHCP server Type to Static, the Boot Server type to TFTP and the Boot Server address to the IP of my laptop.  Then you can see if the phone is actually reaching the TFTP server and what files it is loading and if they have errors.  Once that works you will know how to make it work with your call server.

HP Recommended

I have gone past that now.

I have seen my TFTP logs and it says "Connection refused"

It does connect to the TFTP, but it can't transfer files from the TFTP to the phone.

I have TFTP server running and I have verified the settings and permissions. I am not sure how to pass through this hurdle.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.