Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi, We are able to enable and upload our custom music for music on hold manually using the web interface. But to save time deploying it to a few hundred phones, is it possible to do it automatically? when the phone is provisioned? or specified in the cfg file?

I can see you can set the name of the file eg. feature.moh.filename="moh_ULaw.wav", but can you upload the file automatically?

Thanks,

Chris

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello Chris,

The UC Software 5.3.0 Release notes state on Page 11:

Music on Hold
Music on Hold is a Lync Server feature that enables music to play when users place contacts on hold. However, there is a limitation for this feature where only the first call placed on hold hears the hold music; any additional held calls do not hear music.
Administrators can store music files in .wav format on the provisioning server and specify which files the phone plays when an active call is placed on hold.
VVX phones support the following .wav file formats:
● mono G.711 (8 bits/sample, 8-khz sample rate)
● mono L16/16000 (16 bits/sample, 16-kHz sample rate)
● mono L16/48000 (16 bits/sample, 48-kHz sample rate)
Administrators can enable the feature using configuration files. The parameters feature.moh.enabled and feature.moh.filename are new parameters for this feature.

Similar Information can also be found in the Polycom® UC Software in a Microsoft® Lync™ Server Environment document page 59.

In addition I have updated the existing community's VoIP FAQ post here:

Mar 31, 2015 Question: How can I enable MoH / Music On Hold for my VVX Phone using LYNC ?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

Thanks for your reply, I have tried specifying the file as;

feature.moh.filename="DB1-hold.wav"

and placed the file in the root directory of the ftp provisioning server and rebooted the phone.

I can see that the config has been picked up on the preference page but the Lync Status page still says "Music File   Polycom-hold.wav".

Log states polycom-hold.wav;

0714172543|so   |3|00|MsgAppFilePlayBackStart: fileName=Polycom-hold.wav, playbackSatus_m=7

Regards,

HP Recommended

Hello Chris,

It is always useful to include the currently used software version as issues experienced may already be addressed in a newer release.

There may be a bug but without knowing your software version I am unable to comment.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffan,

UC Software Version 5.3.0.12074 Updater Version 5.5.0.13251

HP Recommended

Hello Chris,

we only recently released 5.4.0.5841 or even 5.3.1.0436.

Please test with these and then , if it still fails, open a Support Ticket with Polycom via your Polycom reseller so we can investigate and track this.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Thanks Seffan, It required the phone to be reset to defaults for it to pick up the media. Rebooting alone didnt work.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.