Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi folks-  several of our IP 650 phones are crashing / rebooting spontaneously.  It's happening on a daily basis, and I sure would appreciate some help if anyone can provide assistance.

Today I was able to capture the logging data from two such crashes.   See attached files:  one set is from Extension 201 and the other set is from Extension 214.

In both cases, the phone was on an active call and this caused it to hang up on the customer(s).   So you can imagine this is a rather pressing situation, and I am tasked with getting it resolved as soon as possible.

Software version:  4.07.2514 (latest)

Phone Model:  IP 650  (3150-11530-407)

SIP Platform:  Asterisk 11

I read several other posts in this forum regarding phones crashing, including the one about a memory leak bug.  But that thread said the bug was fixed in the latest firmware version.  So I'm not sure if that's the issue in this case or not?

I will also note that we do not have a Polycom reseller to work with.  We took over this office from another business which had closed, and we do not know where the phones were purchased from.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

Hello LarryMcP,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

I am currently dealing with a similar issue in EMEA but due lack of details from your end I cannot 100% verify if this is the same as this depends on your configuration and setup.

I have attached a file that you can import which monitor's the CPU & Memory usage.

Please apply this to the phones and let syslog run and you can post this here if the phone crashes.

In order to raise a support ticker are the details for the phones:

0004f223e6b3 04/09/2009 WESTCON 
0004F240D3EB 14/03/2012 SCANSOURCE

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thank you so very much Mr. Baier-  I do appreciate your fast reply in our time of need!   I will apply that change to our phones straight away.  We just had the problem happen two more times this morning, so I believe we'll have some more data for you shortly.

I'll hold on to the reseller information too, in case we need to use that and we're able to follow that channel.

More details soon....!

HP Recommended

You can seek advice from a phone system provider, I am sure they will be able to guide you.

HP Recommended

Ok Steffen-  here is the syslog from our latest phone crash today, from a phone that has the additional monitoring turned on.

I sure do thank you for you taking a look!   If you're able to advise what we might be able to do to resolve the crashing issue, I would appreciate it greatly.

HP Recommended

Hi,

the log is incomplete

It starts at 09:48:01 and finishes at 09:53:12

Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Ok-   I thought that would help if I provided the section of the syslog which was relevant to that phone crashing.

But we had another crash a few minutes ago, so this time I'll provide the entire syslog for the last several hours.  (In this file the crash is at 14:57, about 3/4 of the way down.  It's extension 214 and you'll see the crash in there)

Thanks, ok:  is this file sufficient?

HP Recommended

Hi,

we need to see the memory and CPU consumption or I am unable to compare this to a known case.

Please apply the provided configuration to as many phones as possible and ensure they are all writing to a syslog server.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Ok-  I did already apply that configuration to all the phones last night, and then rebooted them all.   They do all write to the syslog, so that's all set up.

If it's still not showing you the info you need, are there any other changes we should make to the config?   Here's what we've got at the moment, in all our phones:

<memory log.sched.1.name="memShow"
        log.sched.1.level="2"
        log.sched.1.period="30"
        log.sched.1.startMode="rel"
        log.sched.1.startTime="30"
        log.sched.1.startDay="0"
        log.sched.2.name="showCpuLoad"
        log.sched.2.level="2"
        log.sched.2.period="30"
        log.sched.2.startMode="rel"
        log.sched.2.startTime="30"
        log.sched.2.startDay="0"
        log.level.change.slog="2"/>

HP Recommended

Ah, I think I see what's up:  according to the manual, the section containing these parameters is supposed to be named <log/> rather than <memory/>.  Does that sound correct?   I could change that and see if it helps get the CPU & memory usage info you're looking for.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.