Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

When setting up the phone everything works you can call out and receive calls. But the "New Call" seems to be preprogrammed to dial ext 800 which is just a message from Polycom saying phone is set up and working. How can I program that key so that when you press it you can actually place a call? I'm sure it is an easy fix but not one I have been able to find thus far.

Thank you! 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello Harber25,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

What happens if you just lift the Handset or press the Speaker Button?

Does this dial the Number as well?

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

If you lift the headset you can dial any number you wish. The only reason we really need this button is if you are on the line you cannot place anyone hold and dial another in office extension. On our other phones same model we can place a call on hold hit new call and dial an inner office extension if need be. As I said anytime you press the new call button now it just dials the polycom set up message.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

HP Recommended

OK,

I can only imagine that someone re-programmed the Softkey with that Feature.

You would need to check the Provisioning Server for the files loaded by the Phone.

I would suggest you check the Firmware and upgrade to the latest available and start from scratch with these Phones.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.