Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I want to change the "Line 2" button on a SoundPoint IP320 to "Messages".  I'm running SIP 3.3.5.  All of the instructions I've read seem to refer to earlier versions.  I have a config file specified in the "CONFIG_FILES"  that's being read, and this is it:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<!-- Application SIP Mink 4.0.0.26884 09-Sep-11 12:32 -->
<!-- Created 19-09-2011 10:50 -->
<CONFIG>
        <OVERRIDES
                reg.1.address="520@xx.com"
                reg.1.auth.password="xxx"
                reg.1.auth.userId="520"
                reg.1.label="x520"
                reg.1.server.1.address="192.168.4.1"
                key.SPIP320.10.function.prime = "Messages"
                />
</CONFIG>

The key line does not take effect.  What am I doing wrong?

Also, once I do get into the Messages menu, and press the "Connct" key, it dials my own extension.  I want it to dial *86, which is voice mail on our PBX.  How do I change that?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello StevenS,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The parameter is .function.prim= and not .function.prime=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello StevenS,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The parameter is .function.prim= and not .function.prime=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thank you!  If I had created that config file on an iPhone, I could have blamed it on auto-correct, but no, it was just me and my eyes.

Now, what about the 2nd issue?  (Or should I create a new thread?)  The "Messages" button now works, but when attempting to retrieve messages, it dials the phone's own extension, but voice mail on our PBX is *86.

HP Recommended

By the way, I just found the solution to the "*86" issue in a voip-info.org thread.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.