Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I currently have a number of IP500 and 501 handsets that are registred to our primary and secondary Asterisk based server.

The primary contains the voicemail with the secondary mailbox disabled.

I have found that when the phones do a re-registration (every 3600 seconds) to the primary, if a message is waiting the MWI will flash however when it then goes to re-register to the secondary the MWI goes off.

Is there a way to tell the polycom to ignore any VM on the secondary?

I found this Asterisk bug post explaining my issue but as they say, it's a Polycom issue rather than Asterisk. THe slight difference with that post is that I do not have any mailboxes on the secondary.  I can't enable mailboxes on the secondary as when the users dial the mailbox access number it would always goto the primary mailbox.

https://issues.asterisk.org/jira/browse/ASTERISK-6286

Any advice appreciated as our users are missing messages and getting frustrated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I think I have got round this (but need to probably wait a week or so to hear back from the users) by following the last entry at the following post

http://community.polycom.com/t5/VoIP/Polycom-331-s-w-multiple-SIP-registrations-MWI-problems/td-p/79...

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello Sc00by,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

It would be great if you could provide some feedback to your older post if it has helped you so other users can profit from your experience. Marking them as solution provided if the above is correct shows other users quicker ways to find an answer.

In addition it is always useful to include the currently used software version as issues experienced may already be addressed in a newer release.

This also allows yourself and others to check against current software release notes.

Therefore the Polycom VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Question: How can I find out my SIP UC Software Version or the BootROM Version of my Phone?
Resolution: Please check here

The linked article describes a different issue as they mention multiple SIP registrations and your case is one registration to multiple servers.

Usually the phone subscribes to a Voicemail and the Server would send a NOTIFY for the Subscribed mailbox. If the Mailbox is not active on your second server the server should not respond to any subscription attempts.

I am unsure why you have setup two different registrations as I would suggest an DNS entry so the first server always responds and only if it is down the 2nd server would be used.

You may also want to look at this document => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I think I have got round this (but need to probably wait a week or so to hear back from the users) by following the last entry at the following post

http://community.polycom.com/t5/VoIP/Polycom-331-s-w-multiple-SIP-registrations-MWI-problems/td-p/79...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.