Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

VVX600 UCS 5.1, BToE 2.3, Lync 2013 client.

We are unable to make Lync conference calls after upgrading to UCS 5.1 on our VVX 600s.  Error Message attached.  Anyone else having issue with Lync conferencing on UCS 5.1?  Thank you.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello TTMing,

UCS 5.1 is not a correct numbering in order to identify the current Polycom software Version.

I would usually expect something like UCS 5.1.1.xxxx where xxxx would be more numbers.

In addition was this working before you upgraded the software and what software had you been running before?

The UCS 5.1.1 Software has been tested and certified by Microsoft so I would assume they have tested the conference functionality as well or it may not even be supported.

Can you clarify the exact scenario you are trying to get to work ?

As this is a Microsoft error message have you yet raised a ticket with Microsoft support?

Please ensure you always check the community FAQ and/or utilize the community search before posting any new topics or follow up post’s.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Steffen,

UCS is 5.1.1.2986 .  Yes this was working before we upgraded from 5.0.2 to 5.1.1.2986. 

The scenario is established a call with another Lync user and then try to invite a 3rd Lync EV user to the call.  That's when that error occurs.

This is a Microsoft Lync client error message because there is no SoftKey Conference Key on the VVX 600 when it is paired with BToE so you are forced to make a conference call from the Lync client. 

I'm able to make a Lync conference call using my headset but not with a VVX 600. 

HP Recommended

Hello TTMing,

the correct next steps are:

• Raise a ticket with Microsoft support as the error message is prompted by the LYNC Client

• In parallel raise a ticket with Polycom support via your Polycom reseller and provide us with the Microsoft reference for their ticket.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen

I replicated the issue this morning  and discovered Lync conference still does work with the VVX600 on UCS 5.1.1 but the call flow has changed. 

1)Establish a call with User A

2) Invite User B to the call from Lync client

3) A second call is placed to User A from me

4) User A picks up the new call only then will User B’s phone will ring

5) If User A never picks up the new call, the invite to join the call for User B is not sent and eventually the call times out. 

Is this expected behavior with UCS 5.1.1?  Thank you.

HP Recommended

We have had the same exact symptoms on VVX500 phones.  We opened a support ticket with MS and it was determined that the Lync side was working as intended, since conference calls work when not using the VVX phone.  We upgraded to the 5.2.0.8330 and it fixed the conference issue (all phones must be at this firmware).  However, that firmware broke the presence sync and the indicators on the main screen no longer show accurate presence.

HP Recommended

Hello PatrickMeehan,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The original poster was advised to raise this with Microsoft Support and then also raise a ticket via their Polycom reseller and provide us with the MS ticket reference.

I am unsure if this ever happened and therefore neither Microsoft or Polycom can troubleshoot this. This post was never followed up with any details to this either.

The presence issue you are referring to sounds familiar as I had a similar case with Favourites with different Domains than the LYNC account causing this.

My case is resolved in the next 5.2.2 and 5.3.0 which are due soon. You should be able to verify this easily and if this does not match your case you need to follow this up with your Reseller so Polycom support can investigate this.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.