Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

HI there,

I'm trying to set up a phone (IP335) in such a way that the the Directory only shows users from AD that are member of a certain group (i.e. phonelist). So I tried doing this with dir.corp.filterPrefix but no luck so far.

I tried using a filter like:

dir.corp.filterPrefix="(objectclass=Person)(&(memberOf=cn=phonelist,ou=Groups,dc=domain,dc=local))"

And:

dir.corp.filterPrefix="(objectclass=Person)(memberOf=cn=phonelist,ou=Groups,dc=domain,dc=local)"

but those don't work, still getting all users.

Any suggestions?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi!

try

(&(objectCategory=user)(memberOf=CN=phonelist,OU=Groups,DC=domain,DC=local))

HP Recommended

Tried it, but helas, no go.

HP Recommended

Why do you use dir.corp.filterPrefix parametr?

I think ou should use dir.corp.baseDN

dir.corp.baseDN=cn=phonelist,ou=Groups,dc=domain,dc=local

HP Recommended

As far as I understand the baseDN defines from where (in the tree) the search starts. So you define an OU there (which I did). And from there (and further down) the search starts.

HP Recommended

So I tried the following in 'AD users and computers' management console and it returns all users that are member of the phonelist group:

(&(objectCategory=user)(objectClass=user)(memberOf=CN=phonelist,OU=Groups,OU=org,DC=domain,DC=local))

But when I use this in the dir.corp.filterPrefix it doesn't work.

Anyone any suggestions?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.