Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have polycom vvx500 in Lync env.

I'd like to send music on hold for PSTN call. I've configured my PSTN gateway (Audiocodes 1000) to provide music on hold. This works for kirk 5020/5040. But when I receive call by my polycom vvx500 and then put it on hold then external caller hear nothing.

Could you help me?

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hello ojcusa,

I have moved you post as it was not directly related to the original post that you had replied to.

I would suggest you first provide you current Software Version and then in addition create a wireshark trace on both the VVX and the KIRK system and compare between the KIRK and the VVX so you can see the signaling.

Please be aware that SpectraLink KIRK is no longer a Polycom brand and in addition uses a completely different software Platform than the Polycom VVX500.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello Steffen,

I have the latest software version (4.1.3). It's complitely supported in Lync Env.

I've mentioned KIRK just to say that our gateway configured correctly and provide music on hold.

The question is do I have any configuration on polycom vvx500 for using gateway MOH for external callers?

HP Recommended

Hello ojcusa,

I had a brief look at this and it seems the KWS uses a Media Attribute as inactive to invite the far end to place the call on hold.

Our VVX uses reinvite with a stream mode parameter of “sendonly” when a call is put on hold

Utilizing:

voIpProt.SIP.useSendonlyHold="0" 

may address your issue but is not the standard value when we certified against LYNC.

I would suggest for any follow up to work with your Polycom reseller directly.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi,

Did you manage to find a solution for your problem ?

We are using an Audiocodes Mediant 1000 with Lync 2013, hold is working on CX600 phones and we are testing VVX600 phones.

We have the same problem, when we put an ISDN call on hold the MOH isn't played (it is played by the audiocodes when we use the CX600 phones)

Thanks,

Arnaud Fausser

HP Recommended

Hello Arnaud,

Music on Hold for the CX phones was introduced by our Partner Microsoft via the Cumulative Update Package (CU7) for Lync Phone Edition.

The VVX phones and all other LYNC compatible phones sold by Polycom do at present not support Music on Hold provided by the End Point itself.

The solution to supply MoH via an End Point rather than a PABX is quite unusual and I would suggest to raise a feature request with Microsoft to add this basic functionality to LYNC.

There may be a future release from Polycom that would add MoH to our end points as well but I have not timeline for this.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Yes I understand that, and I don't want the endpoint to provide MOH.

MOH should be provided by Audiocodes 1000.

The problem is that VVX600 is sending a=sendonly in SIP message even if I set "voIpProt.SIP.useSendonlyHold" to 0 ...

When using CX600 phone the trace show that the phone is sending a=inactive.

In the Audiocodes documentation it is said that endpoint should send a=inactive in order to enable the Audiocdes 1000 to send MOH.

How can I configure my VVX600 to send a=inactive in SDP message ?

Edit :

I downgraded from 5.2 to 5.1.2 and now voIpProt.SIP.useSendonlyHold="0" is working !

HP Recommended

Hi again,

Could you give us information if this buf will be fixed in next releases of 5.2 firmware ?

We really need MOH to work so we can't upgrade to 5.2 for now ! (and in 5.1.2 Lync status doesn't seems to update correctly ...)

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hello Arnaud,

any fault or bug in our software can only be addressed if a Service Ticket was logged via your Polycom reseller.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.