Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

My company is in the process of switching over to VOIP and we're using Polycom SoundPoint IP 331 phones and Dell Powerconnect 3548 switches. We are trying to use LLDP to assign a VLAN to the phones however the phones will not take the LLDP configure broadcast by the switch. 

The phones have been updated to the latest firmware and LLDP is an option within the phone setup. We are currently manually setting the phones to the corresponding VLAN but in the future would prefer to have them grab what they need via LLDP instead.

My guess is that I may be missing some tlv information from my switch LLDP configuration but I can't figure out what. 

If anyone has any ideas on how to get LLDP to work with my phones and switches I would be very appreciative!

- Thanks

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello PCHTechRED,

did you check the latest Admin Guide here:

http://support.polycom.com/global/documents/support/setup_maintenance/products/voice/spip_ssip_Admin...

What Settings have you made on the Polycom side?

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.