Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi guys,

I am going to experience problems with the VVX 410 pairing to the BToE Client 2.1.0.

I've followed the guide Using_Polycom__UC_Software_BToE.pdf by August 2013.

The Lync login is working quite well, but I do not get the devices paired together.

The PC and the phone are connected together via the PC port on the bottom and the phone provides the uplink for the PC to the network.

All Calls are working fine and I got the Polycom Desktop Connector working well too!

Something about my analysis with the issue I noticed with BToE:

- Status "not paired"

- Phone has BToE enabled and I see such packets arriving on the PC from the phone, delivered to the broadcast address 255.255.255.255 with udp port 2081.

- PBC.exe is listening there: netstat -anbo  

UDP    0.0.0.0:2081           *:*                                    1324  [PBC.exe]

- There is not Firewall installed on the PC and no windows firewall enabled

- The BToE Client is going to log this packages in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Polycom\Polycom BToE Connector\polycom_BToE_log.txt"

An exhibit here:

[06/17/14 : 12:27:14]  PBC: launching the discovery thread...
[06/17/14 : 12:27:14]  PBC: discovery_server: 542 Soft_device_state WAITING_FOR_CONNECTION
[06/17/14 : 12:27:14]  PBC: Waiting for IP-Phone Connection(on UDP).....
[06/17/14 : 12:27:17]  BToE ERR: btoe_network.c: 572 (discovery_server) recvfrom failed with error 10040
[06/17/14 : 12:27:17]  PBC: discovery_server: 1157 GRUU_SEND_STATUS NOT_SENT
[06/17/14 : 12:27:17]  PBC: discovery thread exit .....
[06/17/14 : 12:27:17]  PBC: Terminating discovery thread
[06/17/14 : 12:27:17]  PBC: SESSION SEQUENCE 19
[06/17/14 : 12:27:17]  PBC: Waiting for discovery thread to exit

Looking forward for some hints by you!

Cheers,

Dyjan

edit:/ added attachment with a wireshark trace, filtered for "udp.port == 2081"

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello dyjan,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

It seems the unit you are using is a Polycom supplied phone so I suggest you work with the SE that supplied you the unit with in order for us to check this internally.

In addition its always useful to provide the currently used software version.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello Steffen,

unfortunately we do not have a valid support contract with polycom yet because it is only a test environment provided by our system traders.

Further it looks like the phone sends the UDP datagrams with a too big window: http://support.ipswitch.com/kb/WSK-19980714-EM13.htm

The firmware of the phone is 5.1.0.15902, we're working on a fw update to 5.2.0 [edit note].

Cheers,

Dyjan

edit:// typo in target fw, was 5.0.2 before.

HP Recommended

Hello dyjan,

UCS 5.1.0 is a controlled release and only works with BToE 2.2.0

I would suggest you contact me via Community Mail and provide me with your Real Name and who supplied the phone to you so I can work with the relevant person witin Polycom.

BToE in addition is disabled since UCS 5.1.0 and needs to be activated manually via a configuration file or via the GUI.

As a workaround downgrade to UCS 5.0.2 and use BToE 2.1.0

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello Steffen,

that feedback is going to help me a bit.

BToE 2.2.0 is not released yet, right? But UCS 5.1.0 is general available.

Is there any ETA for a BToE 2.2.0 release?

I need to organize some informations, than I can go ahead to provide the according data to you by PM/Community Mail.

Thx a lot!

Cheers,

Dyjan

HP Recommended

Hello dyjan,

BToE 2.2.0 and UCS 5.1.0 is not publicly available as you can only receive it from our Support Team.

Most likely an Sales Engineer has provided this to you but missed out providing BToE in addition. We from support need to track the distribution of this unreleased Software so I suggest we follow this up via community mail and a service ticket.

In order for you to use the Phone downgrade to UCS 5.0.2 and use BToE 2.1.0 which are both on the Support page.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

thx a lot!

Our representive explained the reasons for the controlled release to us.

And we also receive the btoe 2.2.0 release now, the pairing succeeded immediately.

All fine here, plase close the thread.

Cheers,

Dyjan

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.