Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I spent a few hours on reading your documanation, it`s scattered, and does not say everything.

I have few of your phones, and i am about to buy a new one for my needs, but which one - I still do not know.

acording to your documnation

"The Enhanced Feature Keys (EFK) feature enables you to customize the functions of any line keys, soft keys, and hard keys on VVX phones and expansion modules. You can use EFK to assign frequently used functions to line keys, soft keys, and hard keys or to create menu shortcuts to frequently used phone settings on VVX 300, 310, 400, 410, 500, and 600 phones running UC software 4.1.6 or later."

On other documnantion - It appears that EFK also applies to SoundPoint Phones with some version, is that correct?

My needs are basic,

I need a phone with a key that has two modes(context senstive)

Idle Mode = action/function is SpeedDiall

Connected = Action/function is Send DTMF

Long story short:

I need a Open Door button on the phone:

Idle mode = the button action is Speeddial,

connected mode= the button is send dtmf

Now, after readying the documentanation.. i am trying to figure out which phone can do that

SoundPoint IP 550 (And up) Models

==============================

this models appears to have 4 context-senstive soft keys, and they are supporting Idle/Connected modes

But:

1) Are they programmable ? (using EFK) ?

2) Is it possible to change the Label/Button name?

3) Do they(the keys) support Send DTMF function/action: hence, sending DTMF in-call/to the current active call.

other function alternatives like xfer/unattend or SP+DTMF are no good to me.

am asking this, because from my background checking, many other phone providers companies.. do not support send dtmf while on connected state.

VVX Phones 500 and(And Up) Models

===============================

It appears thhat this phone support EFK, but they do not have soft-keys.

therefore, as it seem, i will need to have a VVX Expansion Module, for my understanding from the documentnation - the VVX expanasion module support also EFK.

1) Does the VVX Expansion module support EFK?

2) Can i program a program on the expanasion module to be a context key?

I want ONE key (not two), that will do different actions depeands on the phone mode(idle/connected)

my fear is that a key configured on the expanasion module can not do that.

Conclusion

Can i make such a key on your phones? if yes, What phones?

Thanks. Yair

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello Yair,

I could just copy and paste the whole EFK FAW but to answer your question.

You would create softkey 1 and use when Idle and then create softkey 2 and use whist active.

This would be the same for a VVX or SoundPoint.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello Yair,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Nov 25, 2011 Question: How can I change the functionality of a softkey button / use EFK?

Resolution: Please check => here <

The above explains in detail how to use EFK in different modes aka idle or in a call.

I have not tested programming a EFK to send DTMF without first setting up a call so this is something you or others would need to try as I am nowhere near a phone for the next few days.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello.

your answer is quite limited.. because i allready know the link

I only hhave SoundStation hones, means - i gonna try use EFK on the hard key with dial DTMF

however, you did not answer me my questions regarding VVX phones.

Can i change the label/button name of the softkeys at the LCD screen? or i can only change the behiaver..

i am not going to a v VVX phone just to realise that i can not do that.

what do you suggest to do?

HP Recommended

Hello Yair,

I could just copy and paste the whole EFK FAW but to answer your question.

You would create softkey 1 and use when Idle and then create softkey 2 and use whist active.

This would be the same for a VVX or SoundPoint.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Good news- It worked

I tested it with exisiting phone:

SoundStation IP 6000 

Running 

the code i have used as follows:

<softkey softkey.1.action="5555#$Tdtmf$" softkey.1.enable="1" softkey.1.label="DoorO" softkey.1.precede="1" softkey.1.use.active="1" softkey.1.use.alerting="1" softkey.1.use.dialtone="1" softkey.1.use.hold="1" softkey.1.use.idle="0" softkey.1.use.proceeding="1" softkey.1.use.setup="1" softkey.2.action="6$Tinvite$$Cwaitconnect$00*$Tdtmf$$Cpause2$$Changup$" softkey.2.enable="1" softkey.2.label="Door" softkey.2.use.idle="1">

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.