Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

Please can we use the polycom with an Asterisk based voip server and still use the base profile and zoom....etc

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @Marshall ,

Welcome back to the Poly Community.

As already outlined on numerous occasions before contacting a local Poly reseller >here< can answer all your questions in one go.

The Trio, in hybrid mode, can register to multiple platforms at the same time.

The "normal" VoIP" FAQ >here< has a post  => here <= covering most SIP servers.

The Hybrid Guide => here <= covers different scenarios. As an example, a line without Video can be set up with others with Video so the phone, using Asterisk, can just be Audio only.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hello @Marshall ,

Welcome back to the Poly Community.

As already outlined on numerous occasions before contacting a local Poly reseller >here< can answer all your questions in one go.

The Trio, in hybrid mode, can register to multiple platforms at the same time.

The "normal" VoIP" FAQ >here< has a post  => here <= covering most SIP servers.

The Hybrid Guide => here <= covers different scenarios. As an example, a line without Video can be set up with others with Video so the phone, using Asterisk, can just be Audio only.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello @Marshall 

just to prevent confusion and follow up questions.

I registered 2x Poly Trio 8800 with Visual+ running the current UC Software 5.9.2

On both I setup up Hybrid/multiple lines.

Line 1 is an Asterisk test server running 11.25.1 and a Video call between two Trio's shows as:

As the above demonstrates the Asterisk server only allows a maximum of 540p for the Video which is not the highest quality the Trio is able to do. 

NOTE: Poly cannot recommend any settings or changes to the Asterisk server and any support to follow up questions would need to go via the Digium community!

Using the People&Content Software via the USB cable or the Polycom Content App via the Network will only share within the room and not the far site. Again this is a restriction on the Asterisk end.

The 2nd unregistered line is configured so once it is selected (called other Trio) it will simply dial the IP address of the other Trio:

Once the call is established we will send and receive 1080 for the Video:

Using the People&Content Software via the USB cable or the Polycom Content App via the Network will share in the room and the far end:

The above is a very basic example and Zoom or BlueJeans or other services can be added. The Trio can also use the Passthrough software to offer its connected Camera and speaker/microphone to any PC application (Windows 10).

The test configuration used:

<WEB
reg.limit="2"
up.screenCapture.allowed="1"
up.screenCapture.enabled="1"
call.autoOffHook.2.contact="10.252.149.54"
call.autoOffHook.2.enabled="1"
mr.pair.uid.1="0004f2fca069"
reg.1.address="3050"
reg.2.address="Other Trio"
reg.1.auth.userId="3050"
reg.1.auth.password="3050"
reg.1.server.1.address="10.252.122.122"
reg.2.server.1.register="0"
/>

Any further questions or configuration will either need to be provided via the Poly reseller or purchased as a service from Poly.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Hello @steffenBaierUK,

Thank you very much again for the detailed response.

You have indeed been most useful and helpful in accelerating my company's acceptance of polycom video conferencing solution. This has left us without doubt that other polycom solutions are worth procuring and we will do that in the near future.

Thank you once more.

Marshall.

HP Recommended

Hi @steffenBaierUK,

Wow! This is obviously a detailed guide and first hand setup of how the trio/visual+ integrates with an asterisk's based system.

Your level of support/assistance and knowledge is remarkable and unmatched.

Thank you for being a professional.

I look forward to discussing other polycom offerings with you soon.

Cheers!!!

Marshall.

HP Recommended

Hello SteffenBaier,

Please i need your assistance.

I am currently configuring the trio and visual+ to make a video call and i am having some problems.

I have three locations and their details are shown below.

location1 poly trio IP address 10.10.10.10, sip ext 200, password 9060
location2 poly trio IP address 10.10.10.20, sip ext 300, password 8050
location3 poly trio IP address 10.10.10.30, sip ext 400, password 7040

All three locations poly trios are completely paired with individual visual+ device.

location1 configuration

<?xml version="1.0" standalone="yes"?>
<WEB
reg.limit="3"
up.screenCapture.allowed="1"
up.screenCapture.enabled="1"
call.autoOffHook.2.contact="10.10.10.10"
call.autoOffHook.2.enabled="1"
mr.pair.uid.1="0004f2fca069"
reg.1.address="200"
reg.2.address="Engineering Trio"
reg.1.auth.userId="200"
reg.1.auth.password="9060"
reg.1.server.1.address="10.10.10.20"
reg.2.server.1.register="0"
/>

I uploaded the configuration above into location1 trio and tried to initiate a video call with location2 but it failed.

Note that the three poly trios in location1, location2 and location3 have their line 1 registered to our asterix sip server and are able to make audio calls successfully.

Kindly assist me on how i can achieve a successful video call between these locations.

Thank you and looking forward to hearing from you.

With regards,

Marshall
HP Recommended

Hi @Marshall 

I moved your post here as this is the right section for this.

The FAQ contains this post here:

Jan 19, 2012 Question: How to troubleshoot Polycom VoIP related Issues?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Personally I am unable to provide free support via the medium of the community and you would need to work with your reseller to open a ticket via them.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Hello Steffen Baier

Trust you are doing great.

I came across this post while searching for "how to configure 3 polycom trio 8800 to make a video call seamlessly". Your replies to the earlier posts have been really helpful because we are looking at having the exact same use case.

We are looking at getting the solution for our company.

Could you kindly clarify on the two Ip's in the configuration?
Which is the ip on the top and which is the ip at the bottom? Does the ip (10.10.10.10) at the top of the configuration file belong to the other trio or not? If no, what does the ip represent?

Also what does the ip (10.10.10.20) represent?

Looking forward to a swift response.

Thank you.

HP Recommended

Hello Marshall,

Were you able to get this to work?

How many locations are you trying to connect too?

Have you tried using Teams? We are considering it too.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.