Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

It is possible to import an address book list from and Excel Spreadsheet rather then typing in all of these names, addresses and phone numbers manually from the phone?  even a web portal where I type this information in would be easier than doing so from the phone.  I have a Voice Center 3000.  THANKS for any assistance with this!

Sincerely,

Clarke O. Mazza

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hello Clarke ,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

I am not aware of such product but we do sell a Polycom Voice Station 300.

All analog phones, apart from the SoundStation Duo, do not have a Web Interface as they are not IP based.

Therefore you are required to manually add the phone numbers you want stored on the system.

I have in addition deleted your double post as it contained the exact same question.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thank you for your rapid reply!!  Also thanks for removing the double post.  I saw the "E-mail me with responces" as I was pressing post, and I could not go back and check this box

I am a little confused . . . The  Polycom  VVX300, which is what I have (sorry for the mis naming)  is ip addressable; I am able to log onto it via my web brouser and IP address folled by :2006.  Please clarify your answer because I am a little confused by your statement that this phone is not IP based . . .

Thanks,

Clarke

HP Recommended

Clarke@pogusa.com wrote:

I have a Voice Center 3000.  

Hello Clarke,

Ihave moved your post as you posted in the analog phone section.

The VVX 300 is indeed a SIP VoIP Phone but none of our phones currently offer the possibility to import a Excel or CSV sheet for phone numbers.

You can convert a CSV file into the correct format as described in this SDK post => here <=

Please let me know if you do not have access to the above.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Steffen:

OK, thanks for moving!  I guess I'm not real good with these forum things!  :-0   I pressed the "here" link on your post, but it took me to a page that was not there.

http://community.polycom.com/t5/Polycom-Endpoints-Forum/SCRIPT-Automatic-000000000000-directory-xml-...

It says the message is not there . . .  see attacment . . .

Thanks,

Clarke

HP Recommended

I have vvx 300.  I am wanting to upload contacts rather than creating and saving each contact one at a time.  Is this possible? If so, what are the steps?  I read the post below, but it was unclear to me as to whether converting an .CSV file to .XML file would accomplish this task and if so what are the steps to upload.

I just can't imagine that in 2015 Polycom phones would not have a Contact upload feature.

Thanks!

HP Recommended

Hello Ivria,

Even in 2015 our Phones do not have the capability to import a CSV file or other easier method via the Web Interface to add Speed Dials.

This has simply not yet come up as a major request and therefore has not been added. Historically our phones are always provisioned by a SIP Platform and therefore they would simply load their directory file.

The above linked post shows an Perl script example which you can utilize.

There is a Feature request already placed within Polycom Accept 360 ID: 78907

Could you kindly go ahead and contact your Polycom reseller so more interest in the feature can be registered ?.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Then what? The script creates the file ... how do you get it into the phone?

HP Recommended

Hello SDGInc,

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Jan 6, 2012 Question: How can I create a local directory or what is the 000000000000-directory.xml used for?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure you always check the community FAQ and/or utilize the community search before posting any new topics or follow up post’s.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.