Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

Is anyone know how many parties I can invite to join the conference call using Soundstation IP7000?

So far, I'm just able to do 3-way conference call.

Thank you,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello Sujud,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Quote from the UC Software 3.3.0 Admin Guide page 4 - 21:

Local / Centralized Conferencing

The phone can conference together the local user with the remote parties of a configurable number of independent calls by using the phone’s local audio processing resources for the audio bridging.

There is no dependency on network signaling for local conferences.
All phones support three-party local conferencing.

The SoundPoint IP 450, 550, 560, 650, and 670 phones may support four-way local conferencing.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello Sujud,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Quote from the UC Software 3.3.0 Admin Guide page 4 - 21:

Local / Centralized Conferencing

The phone can conference together the local user with the remote parties of a configurable number of independent calls by using the phone’s local audio processing resources for the audio bridging.

There is no dependency on network signaling for local conferences.
All phones support three-party local conferencing.

The SoundPoint IP 450, 550, 560, 650, and 670 phones may support four-way local conferencing.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thank you.

So it is confirmed that IP 7000 only support three-way conference - not four-way.

HP Recommended

Hello Steffen,

One of our customers wants to use Centralized Conferencing feature. But they don't have any provisioning environment. Isn't it possible to set Conferencing address manually?

Regards,

Tufan

HP Recommended

Hello Tufan,

since UCS 4.0.0 the phones Web Gui can be utilized to load configuration files.

This is explained in the VoIP FAQ here:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: Do I always need a Provisioning Server or can I configure a Phone via the Web Interface or via the Phone Gui?
Resolution: Please check => here <=

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Thanks for this helpful information.

Regards.

HP Recommended

Hello Steffen,

Our customer is using Avaya environment. We want to make the IP7000 do multipoint conference on Avaya conferencing server. The customer says that the Avaya ip phones can do multipoint conferences up to four sites so they are expecting the IP7000 to do that. First of all I want to ask if the IP 7000 can do that in Avaya environment. And the other question is that which adress should be entered next to the parameter named "Conference address" in the config file of the IP7000?

Best regards,

Tufan

HP Recommended

Hello Tufan,

all interoperability testing would have been done by Avaya and you would need to consult Avaya for the name or details of this address.

In my own internal test I used an extension on a Open Source Asterisk MeetMe plugin.

The functionality of the centralized conference is also explained => here <=

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.