Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi all,

We already have 7 x IP7000 Soundstations working on a Mitel 3300 Mxe(running 4.0 SP2 software).

The IP7000 units are using = Label SIP, Version = 3.1.2.0392, P/N 3150-11530-312 and also IP 172.16.1.51, Bootblock = 2.8.0_4000-001.0017, Bootrom = 4.1.2.0037.

The guy who installed them has gone and left no instructions and we are trying to install 2 more.

The 2 new ones are using = Label SIP, Version = 3.2.4.0267, P/N 3150-11530-324 and also IP 172.16.0.222, Bootblock = 3.0.2_4000-001.0024, Bootrom = 4.3.0.0616.

We have the 2 new IP7000's working with 1 issue, which is, when dialling an external number you don't hear ringing tone, you do hear the external person when they answer the call.

Internal calls work fine.

Hope you can help.

Regards - Gooner6

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello gooner6,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Can you confirm that the other units are actually working and have the dial tone? If the profiles on the mitel side are setup exactly the same then this is most likely a Software issue on our End. I would try to either upgrade to the latest possible or same version as the existing working ones. Information how to do so can be found in the FAQ.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

Many thanks for the reply, I can confirm the other 7 x IP7000 units work as expected and have external ringing when dialling out.

I'm scheduled to test the 2 new ones in our lab tomorrow, I will try the same software as the working units and will let you know.

Many thanks Gooner6

HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

I have downgraded the 2 new IP7000 units to the same software level as the other 7 units and still the same issue, no ringing tone heard when dialling an external number. Internal is okay.

I have tested the 2 new units on another mitel 3300 system with all the same software levels as the customer is using and it works ok.

Any suggestions???

HP Recommended

Hello,

thanks for getting back to clarify this. I can only assume that there is still a Parameter within the SSIP7000 Configuration that creates this effect.

I would recommend to flash the file system and ensure that there is no old configuration from the previous test's on the provisioning server and then flash the same software and provide the same configuration as the other units have with the changed registration details for the units in question.

If that does not work for whatever reason please work with your Polycom reseller to get Polycom support involved.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

I have now resolved the issue.

It was a Mitel 3300 issue.

I had setup the new IP7000 units to use the same "Class of Service" and "SIP Device Capabilities" as the original 7 x IP7000 units.

I created new  "Class of Service" and "SIP Device Capabilities" for the 2 new units and they worked fine.

I have double and treble checked the old "Class of Service" and "SIP Device Capabilities" against the new  ones and can't see any difference.

Many thanks for your help.

Regards - Mark.

HP Recommended

Hello Gooner6 and SteffenBaierUK,
I called a Polycom dealer and was advised that we needed to have a SIP-VoIP protocol in order to the IP7000 work in our environment. Now, we do have a VoIP system on our premise; however according to my ISP the Polycom IP7000 won’t work; since it requires HPBX service. I’m hearing two different things and feel confused. Could someone simplify this for me? Thank you!

HP Recommended

Hello Temo,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

A HPBX is just an acronym for a hosted PBX. If your Mitel Switch is SIP enabled and you have the relevant SIP licenses the SSIP7000 and other Polycom SIP Phones will work.

You need to liaise with your Mitel Support team as Mitel has done the interoperability testing and can exactly tell you how to setup your mitel switch.

The FAQ in the community shows the most common SIP settings for any SIP switch.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.