Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi, I am reporting an issue with the IP7000 dropping conference calls on 4.0.7.  When the IP7000 phones initiate a conference call (3 parties total including the IP7000), that call drops from the IP7000 after 20-30 minutes.  The two connected parties remain in conference with each other. Downgrading to 4.0.4 or below seems to resolve the issue. 

Our PBX is Cisco UCM 9.1.2.  BootROM is 5.0.5.

We have just spent albout $60K on these phones plus over two weeks sifting through documentation just getting them working properly on CUCM with 802.1x and a common configuration.  At this point I am going to downgrade them all to 4.0.4 and am not willing to spend more of my time troubleshooting the root cause, as we have spent way too much time on them as it is and 4.0.4 seems to be solid so far.  So this post is mostly to report the issue, although I am willing to try new loads or other options if the issue is identified. 

Thanks,

Phil

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I forgot to mention that when the IP7000 drops the call it goes through a reboot.  When it comes up it displays a DTMF error that eventually goes away, then everything appears to be fine.  We have not experienced this issue with any non-Polycom phones.  I have monitored Memory and CPU usage on the phone and they don't appear to creep up through the call.

Thanks,

Phil

HP Recommended

Hello Phil,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The Cisco CUCM deployment is relatively easy and explained in detail => here <= and the 802.1x is outlined in this guide => here <= which I presume you have consulted before installing this in your environment.

I have not had such reports and we will need to look at this via our Support teams.

• Do you have a provisioning server and are the phones uploading their logs ?

• Is this a point to point call initiated via the IP7000 or are you using some sort of bridge ?

• If this is easy to replicate you will need to provide the following:
    A Backup of the Phone configuration
    A Wireshark Trace from a spanned port covering the time period of the call
    The <mac>-boot and <mac>-app.logs from the Phone in question

Please work this with your Polycom reseller at the earliest convenience and update either this post or myself via community mail with the Polycom case number.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.