Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

In my office we have the IP650 system.  No one knows how to use it or configure it.  The question we had to day was how do we access our voice mailbox from a different phone. 

For Example: I am working from home and I want to know if anyone has left me a voicemail.  How would I dial into it from my home phone.  I have tried calling and hitting "0" or "*" or "#" but it doesn't work.

If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it.  Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I regret to tell you that the SoundPoint IP 650 is only a SIP telephone; and can work with a very large number of systems, all of which can be implemented in a very large number of ways. In most VoIP systems, the phone itself has very little if anything to do with the system to which it is attached. To answer your question, is therefore impossible.

I suggest that it is imperitive that you find someone who can support your office phone system. The IP650 has only been available for  a couple of years; starting with the person or company who installed or sold it to you would be your first move. Sorry I cannot be of any more help.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I regret to tell you that the SoundPoint IP 650 is only a SIP telephone; and can work with a very large number of systems, all of which can be implemented in a very large number of ways. In most VoIP systems, the phone itself has very little if anything to do with the system to which it is attached. To answer your question, is therefore impossible.

I suggest that it is imperitive that you find someone who can support your office phone system. The IP650 has only been available for  a couple of years; starting with the person or company who installed or sold it to you would be your first move. Sorry I cannot be of any more help.

HP Recommended

Okay, well thanks for your help.  I'm just a salesperson here, so that's not in my job description, though they think I am the IT person sometime.

I'm not worried about it, I was just wondering if there was a simple answer.  Thank you again.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.