Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I work for 2 different companies, each with their own Asterisk server (both provided by Bicom Systems).

I have a SIP account from both these comapnies.

I have an IP650 with expansion module.

Line1 is configured with SIP account from Company A

Line2 is configured with SIP account from Company B

Both these accounts work correctly and I can make and receive calls on both.

I would like to use Buddy Watch so that I can see the status of colleagues' lines in both Company A and Company B.

I have created the required macaddress-directory.xml file and can see the names of my colleagues from both companies on the expansion module....so far so good.

What I find though is that Buddy Watch is only working for my colleagues in Company A (linked to Line1). On the expansion module I see the correct symbol (little head and shoulders) against the names of my colleagues from Company B but they are all hollow showing that their status is not being monitored.

My question is whether anyone in the community knows how to get it so that the Buddy Watch works for Buddies linked to the account in Line2.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello Duke620e,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

How did you add the contact ?

phonenumber@2ndserverIP_or_fqdn

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

Thanks for the reply.

In the .xml directory file I have this entry;

<item>
            <fn>Elvey(GHT)</fn>
            <ct>9011002@voipx.goldenhightech.com</ct>
            <sd>2</sd>
            <rt>ringer3</rt>
            <bw>1</bw>

On the SIP server I see the SUBSCRIBE message for this entry;

<--- SIP read from 185.23.xx.xx:55239 --->
SUBSCRIBE sip:9011002@voipx.goldenhightech.com SIP/2.0
Via: SIP/2.0/UDP 192.168.102.4;branch=z9hG4bK34b629547E3DEA47
From: "Stephen Emery" <sip:224@185.23.xx.xx>;tag=15A9E66C-41CDE1BF
To: <sip:9011002@voip1.goldenhightech.com>
CSeq: 1 SUBSCRIBE
Call-ID: 7cb4abc6-db059301-b40da5e8@192.168.102.4
Allow: INVITE, ACK, BYE, CANCEL, OPTIONS, INFO, MESSAGE, SUBSCRIBE, NOTIFY, PRACK, UPDATE, REFER
Event: presence
User-Agent: PolycomSoundPointIP-SPIP_650-UA/4.0.3.7562
Accept-Language: en
Accept: application/xpidf+xml,text/xml+msrtc.pidf
Max-Forwards: 70
Expires: 3600
Content-Length: 0

<------------->
--- (15 headers 0 lines) ---

The SUBSCRIBE message though it being rejected.

Creating new subscription
Found no matching peer or user for '185.23.xx.xx:55239'
[Nov  9 10:57:03] NOTICE[8712]: chan_sip.c:16613 handle_request_subscribe: Failed to authenticate user "Stephen Emery" <sip:224@185.23.252.69>;tag=15A9E66C-41CDE1BF for SUBSCRIBE

The handset is using the credentials for Line1 when requesting sending the SUBSCRIBE message to Server B.

What I now need to know is whether there is anyway to tell the handset to use the credentials for Line2 when sending the SUBSCRIBE message for this entry.

I hope you can help.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Hello Duke620e,

I had a quick look at this and a mix of presence does not seem to be possible.

We have a Parameter to define the valid line/registration number that is used for presence. This registration sends a SUBSCIRBE for presence.

• pres.reg

The above can be used to force the presence to a specific line / server.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.