Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have 3 IP6000 SIP Conferencers that have been in place for about a year.  Everything works fine (all my config files seem to be good) but when we go to move a phone between rooms it takes over an hour for the phone to reboot.  I started watching the TFTP server and noticed that the phones always re-download the bootloader and the sip.ld file, as well as the config files.  It was my understanding that the phones would check the file version and if it wasn't different it would use what is stored on the phone.  It seems as though the phones aren't saving the software.  Am I doing something wrong in my config files?  What am I missing here?  I have read Polycom's support doc regarding boot times and I don't see where I differ from what they suggest.  Any help is thoroughly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

RESOLVED!!!

Found that someone had loaded the sip "combined" file instead of the "split" file for all our SIP Conferencers.  Using the combined file, it downloads the entire 200MB file each time it boots, where as using the split file, it only downloades the one it needs (about 9MB).  Boot times are less than 1 minute, even with a TFTP server.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hello toddjustice,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

It is always a good practice to mention the currently used software. As you have not done so I would suggest to upgrade the SSIP6000 to the currently latest UCS 4.0.4.

This is all described in the FAQ and please ensure you are reading the relevant guides as you no longer require a sip.cfg/phone1.cfg.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Yes, in trying to resolve the issue yesterday I downloaded the latest bootloader and firmware (4.0.4).  The phones are still taking well over an hour to reboot.

HP Recommended

Hello toddjustice,

Have you tested using an FTP server as a test instead?

The unit should not take this long and I am flashing various software versions or rebooting with different configurations on a daily basis and have not encountered this.

In order to troubleshoot this within the community you can either post some logs or wireshark traces so other community members can have a look at this or work with your Polycom reseller and / or Polycom support to raise a ticket with us.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

RESOLVED!!!

Found that someone had loaded the sip "combined" file instead of the "split" file for all our SIP Conferencers.  Using the combined file, it downloads the entire 200MB file each time it boots, where as using the split file, it only downloades the one it needs (about 9MB).  Boot times are less than 1 minute, even with a TFTP server.

HP Recommended

Hello,

I have the same problem ... 3 new IP 6000 and 1 IP 7000 ... the Welcome! Processing screen comes up and shows the IP address assigned via DHCP and the Rev 3.3.3.0069. ... it takes about 1 hour or more, than it works ...

I configures the phones via webbrowser and basically entered the IP of the phone system and the phone number of the Polycomm.

I thought the web interfdace will save the config to the IP 6000 itself?

Where would I put the sip.cfg file so that the ip 6000 downloads the file from the server?

(I nevver told the Polycomm to look for a file outside the phone?)

Thanks for help

cf 

(PS: Is there a quick manual available ... 600 and more pages is ridiculous)

Identification Display Name 195 Address Authentication User ID Authentication Password Label 195 Type PrivateShared Third Party Name Number Of Line Keys Calls Per Line Server 1 Address 255.255.0.0 IP Adress Port Transport UDPonlyTCPpreferredDNSnaptrTCPonlyTLS Expires Register Retry Timeout Retry Maximum Count Line Seize Timeout Server 2 Address Port Transport UDPonlyTCPpreferredDNSnaptrTCPonlyTLS Expires Register Retry Timeout Retry Maximum Count Line Seize Timeout Call Diversion Disabled On Shared YesNo Diversion Contact On Specific Caller EnabledDisabled Forward All EnabledDisabled On Busy EnabledDisabled Busy Contact On No Answer EnabledDisabled No Answer Timeout No Answer Contact On Do-Not-Disturb EnabledDisabled Do-Not-Disturb Contact Message Center Subscriber Callback Mode RegistrationContactDisabled Callback Contact

HP Recommended

Hello DC,

This sounds quite unusual but as you can see by the lack of replies or logs of the original posters not something we had a chance to look at yet.

I can only suggest to bring the phones to a later Software Version.

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: How can I setup my Phone / Provisioning / Download / Upgrade / Update / Downgrade Software?
Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Can't seem to find a definitive approach to fixing this issue. My customer's IP6000 has worked fine for two years and all of a sudden cannot find configuration. 

Can anyone offer some actual steps to fix issue. Unable to get to GUI, able to ping address of IP6000 after statically assigned.

Been guesswork, put in TFTP Server address, it managed to grab new BootRom code I downloaded but stuck there.

Latest message is cannot download 405378xxx.cfg with current configuration.

Unfortunately, the above posts are not detailed enough as the OPTIONs are not available to me.

Do I need to go with a FTP Server instead ? 

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hello donnyleisure,

The best approach is to factory reset the unit and then upgrade the software to the currently latest UC Software 4.0.9

This is described in detail in the FAQ's mentioned above.

Once it has been upgraded simply provide the SIP credentials as described here:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: Can I register or is my Polycom Phone compatible with a “XYZ” SIP Server?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.