Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

We purchased a new PABX module and as the result the current IP6000 unable to connect to that module. The vendor via remote assistance, requested me to reset IP6000. I have reseted all the options available on the phone, including,

"Format File System"

Now, the phone cannot start up and keep rebooting. I got the message "Cannot Connect Boot System". Also, the menu on the phone now is not the same as previously.

Please provide guidance.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello frostyylik_1,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

You quoted a wrong message, "Cannot Connect Boot System" most likely actually is “Could not contact boot server”

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: I get the error Message “Could not contact boot server” on my phones screen
Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi,

I think the directed page is useful, but the problem is that I still dont know how to configure.

Can you provide guidance? The phone is connected to a switch via ethernet cable and connected to a PABX module. What settings should I set?

Thank you.

HP Recommended

It is clear to me that I have factory reset the phone.

My questions.

1. how to load the SIP Software again to the phone.

2. how to get the phone start up (from my current state) inorder for me to access the web GUI.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Hello frostyylik_1,

if you read the linked FAQ post  it explains that you need a provisioning server.

The FAQ post itself already contains the hyperlink to get you directly to here:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: How can I setup my Phone / Provisioning / Download / Upgrade / Update / Downgrade Software?
Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure to check the FAQ first as outlined in my signature as the above post is the first post in there.

For further help please contact your Polycom reseller and/or Polycom support directly.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.