Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I've been using IP500's running SIP v213 for quite some time and found them brilliant.  I'm now experimenting with a IP501 running SIP v318 but have came across an annoying feature that I can't seem to disable.

When dialling a number either on or off hook each number is surrounded by a black square for 2 seconds before the cursor jumps onto the next.  It looks like an autocomplete of some sort.  This therefore adds a delay to dialled digits.

I don't have this issue with my IP500's and can't remember if I disabled it or if this is a new feature ov SIP v3 but find it hard to describe.

Can someone point me in the right direction please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello Sc00by,

the culprit is most likely :

feature.9.name="url-dialing" feature.9.enabled="1"

If you disable this in the sip_318.cfg it should no longer accept an URL to dial.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello Sc00by,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

I am not fully sure that I understand what you are describing so a video or picture would probably be good.

An important fact overlooked quite frequently by users upgrading from older software to newer versions is that their "old" configuration is no longer compatible.

You must use the newly supplied sip.cfg and phone1.cfg that comes with the new download.

These phones have not been sold since back in August 2009 so you have been doing quite well keeping this running.

Support, via a qualified Reseller, is still available up until August 2014.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply.

We find the 500 and 501 fantastic phones and are able to pick these up quite cheaply.

I have attached two pictures showing the issue.  The reason I think it's a 'feature' is the exact two second delay.  I thought it was to do with the instant messaging feature or microbrowser but not sure.  I dont have this problem with the 500

Pic 412 is showing the issue when a digit is entered.  It's highlighted for 2 seconds.  I can continue to enter the digits but there is a two sec delay on the last digit before it then seems to activate the dialplan and then dial the call

Pic 413 is after two seconds when the cursor moves on.

HP Recommended

I should also add that the config files I've used are fresh for the version of SIP that I'm using. 

To try and explain it further, it looks like it's expecting or giving the choice of alphanumeric input.  Eg pressing 1 3 times would give a, b, c etc but in my case it does not, it's always a number

HP Recommended

Hello Sc00by,

the culprit is most likely :

feature.9.name="url-dialing" feature.9.enabled="1"

If you disable this in the sip_318.cfg it should no longer accept an URL to dial.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.