Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi all,

Not sure how to look into the below so thought would ask the question on the forum.

I have multiple setups using the Polycom conference phones IP5000 and IP7000 and SIP to the phone systems. One system is a Mitel 3300 which was setup by another party and one I have recently setup is a Cisco CUCME type deployment using a UC560.

In both cases, the Polycom registers SIP with the IP PBX (Mitel / Cisco). The specific issues are when pressing the new call button to get a dial tone and then dialing. Focusing on the Cisco system, the trunk code is 0, there is no special key to get an outside line. When we dial an international number from England we use 00 then the country code. So, Australia would be 0061xxxxxx and so on. When we dial 006, the Polycom sends the digits to the phone system and the call fails. I've logged into the Polycom to adjust the dial plan and have tried many combinations but there must be something which I am doing incorrectly. I have tried using the simple plan of "0T" however the same issue occurs.

We can succesfully make calls to other external numbers which are begining 0208.... for example.

As a work around, if we enter the full number on the Polycom and THEN press new call the Polycom sends digits En-Bloc and the call succeeds.

What is wrong here with our Polycoms? I ask because I have put in the dial-plan what I thought was correct (which is similar to that on the Cisco UC560 anyway which works) however it does not work as expected. This leads me to think there is some other config change required.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello Tony,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

We encourage all users to read the Welcome Post, the FAQ and use the Forum Search.

Mitel has interop tested the SSIP Phones for usage with their 3300 SIP Switch and should be able to provide you a configuration guide.

Cisco is not a supported Platform for either the SSIP, SPIP, VVX500 or Spectralink 8400 range.

The FAQ contains a post => here <= that explains in detail how to utilize the Digitmap. There are also multiple other post's within the community that you should be able to find via the search.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.