Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Hi All,

Would love some help with 2 problems I am having with my IP335 and Jabra 9470 (via EHS).

I can connect the headset and phone fine and it seems to work..for a while, i.e. phone rings and I can anser the call by picking up the headset.

However if I do not use the phone for a while (40 mins) then it seems the phone forgets the headset settings.

I have set;
Headset Memory Mode = Enabled
Hookswitch Mode = Jabra EHS

Have also set Presence/Idle time out;
Office hours = Disabled
Timout = 600
Off hours = Disabled
Timeout = 600

ALSO - when the link is working, if I dial out, I only hear the rining once then it goes silent until the other side answers their phone - no idea what to do here.

below is the dump from the config  file. any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance
Nikash
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<!-- Application SIP PrairieDog 4.1.0.84959 22-Mar-13 14:35 -->
<!-- Created 21-08-2013 15:01 -->
<PHONE_CONFIG>
<ALL call.callsperlinekey="8" dialplan.digitmap="000|10x|123x|01x.T|11x.T|1[4-7]x.T|00[1-9]x.T|122x.T|12[4-9]x.T|1[389][1-9]x.T|180[1-9]x.T|0[2-9]xxxxxxxx|1[39]0xxxxxxx|1800xxxxxx|[2-9]xxxxxxx|*xx" dialplan.digitmap.timeout="3|3|3|3|3|3|3|3|3|3|3|3|3|3|3|3" feature.presence.enabled="1" msg.bypassinstantmessage="1" pres.idletimeout.offhours.enabled="0" pres.idletimeout.offhours.period="600" pres.idletimeout.officehours.enabled="0" pres.idletimeout.officehours.period="600" prov.polling.enabled="1" prov.polling.mode="rel" prov.polling.period="3600" tcpipapp.sntp.address="au.pool.ntp.org" tcpipapp.sntp.address.overridedhcp="1" tcpipapp.sntp.daylightsavings.enable="0" tcpipapp.sntp.gmtoffset="36000" tcpipapp.sntp.gmtoffset.overridedhcp="1" tone.chord.callprog.busytone.offdur="375" tone.chord.callprog.busytone.ondur="375" tone.chord.callprog.ringback.offdur="100" tone.chord.callprog.ringback.ondur="100" tone.chord.callprog.ringback.repeat="6" up.analogheadsetoption="1" up.headsetmode="1" up.onetouchvoicemail="1" voice.aec.hd.enable="1" voice.aes.hd.enable="1" voice.codecpref.g711_a="4" voice.codecpref.g711_mu="5" voice.codecpref.g722="3" voice.codecpref.g7221.32kbps="2" voice.codecpref.g7221_c.48kbps="1" voice.codecpref.g729_ab="6" voice.codecpref.siren14.48kbps="0" voice.codecpref.siren22.64kbps="0" voice.ns.hd.enable="1" msg.mwi.1.callback="*60" msg.mwi.1.callbackmode="contact" reg.1.address="200" reg.1.auth.password="Removed" reg.1.auth.userid="200" reg.1.callsperlinekey="6" reg.1.displayname="Nikash" reg.1.label="200" tone.chord.callprog.busytone.freq.1="425" tone.chord.callprog.busytone.freq.2="0" tone.chord.callprog.dialtone.freq.1="413" tone.chord.callprog.dialtone.freq.2="438" tone.chord.callprog.ringback.freq.1="413" tone.chord.callprog.ringback.freq.2="438" tone.chord.callprog.ringback.level.1="-19" tone.chord.callprog.ringback.level.2="-19" voipprot.server.1.address="removed" voipprot.server.1.port="5060" voipprot.sip.alertinfo.1.class="3" voipprot.sip.alertinfo.2.class="4" voipprot.sip.alertinfo.1.value="Auto Answer" voipprot.sip.alertinfo.2.value="Ring Answer"></ALL>
</PHONE_CONFIG>
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
&nbsp;
&nbsp;
8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended
Hello Nik,

Welcome to the Polycom community and apologies for the ruined formatting as I replied from a mobile device and removed your sip password and server name.

Is his headset on the compatible headset list as shown n the community FAQ?

Does the call work if the handset is used?

In addition UCS 4.1.0 for the SoundStation 335 is for LYNC support only so if you have a Sip server you should run the latest UCS 4.0.4 at present.

Best regards

Steffen Baier
------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Is his headset on the compatible headset list as shown n the community FAQ?

Yes - Jabra 9470

Does the call work if the handset is used?

Yes

Additionally, sometimes the call is received on the headset and half way through the conversation it switches to the handset/speaker by itself.

Not sure about the UCS 4.1.0 vs UCS 4.0.4 - will check and advise.

Thanks for your response.

HP Recommended
Hi Nik,

I suggest you contact your Polycom reseller and/or Polycom support directly.

Best regards

Steffen Baier
------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Have switched to UCS 4.0.4 and that has solved the issue whereby the headset now rings multiple times when making outbound calls as oppossed to only ringing once until other party answers.

HOWEVER - the IP335 is still not retaining the headset in its memory. Keeps reverting to handset.

Will contact Polycom support as per your advice.

P.s. thanks for trying and removing the sip password 🙂

HP Recommended

Hello Nik,

I am having the same problem you had with a Jabra 9470 and a SoundPoint 650.  It keeps losing the headset settings.  I haven't had a problem with the headset disconnecting during a call.

Have you resolved this issue and if so, what did you do?

Thanks in Advance!

Robin

HP Recommended

Hi Robin,

I did manage to resolve the issue. It turns out our VOIP/PBX provider was sending config updates (or similar) which was overiding the settings I had introduced (i.e. EHS mode) via the phone.

Advise:

1. keep a log - see attached which is what helped me
  2. try and isolate when (time) it reverts to handset
  3. check with your VOIP provider to see if they are sending any updates at during identified time interval
  • in particular, if any changes to: “up.analogHeadsetOption="1"

As it turned out the EHS setting was being reverted at 45 mins past the hour (every hour).

Therefore if I set it to EHS mode at 44mins past the hour and tried to make a call at 47 mins past the hour by engaging the headset it wouldnt work - as it had reverted to handset mode.

This co-incided perfectly with our providers updates (which I was able to check via the web utility.

Hopefully this helps 🙂

HP Recommended

Wow!  Thank you so much Nik!  I have kept track of when the phone loses its settings and it is at night somehere between midnight and 5am.  So, I bet we are having the same problem as you.  What did you do to resolve the issue once you were able to identify the configuration updates at the culprit?

Thank you again and I am hoping you have more sage advice 🙂

Robin

HP Recommended

Contact your PBX/VOIP provider to have them amend/change the updates they are performing.

If its the same issue as we had, then your provider is sending some kind of provisioning/config update (or what ever its called) that overides the headset settings you have introduced.

Once they make the change it should stop happening - it is something that your VOIP/PBX provider has to do, not you.

Hopefully this helps - good luck!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.