Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

H,

Is there a way to sort local contacts on the expansion module by last name, first name, or contact?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello Simon,

you are correct, the order of the appearance is determined by the <sd> Number.

Quote from the Admin Guide:

Speed dial entries automatically display on unused line keys on the phone and are assigned in numerical order.

Depending on the Phone Model you have more or less speed dials (can be used to dial via Keypad) and the index usually ranges between 1 and 99 for the smaller Phones (SPIP32x,SPIP33x) or 1 9999 for the bigger Phones.

This is just an index and does not represent the actual speed dials that can be added as they depend on the memory of the phones. 

A <mac>-directory.xml for a smaller phone should not be bigger than 50kb and for the bigger Phones not more than 100kb.

In order to answer your additional question please check the Admin Guide:

Example Flexible Line Key Assignment Configuration
To enable flexible line key assignment, in the features.cfg template, set the lineKey.reassignment.enabled parameter to 1.

Then assign each line key a category and an index.

The category specifies the function of the line key and can include:

Unassigned, Line, BLF, SpeedDial, and Presence.

Note that the category Unassigned will leave that line key blank.

The index specifies the order in which the line keys will display on the phone screen.

Use Table 6-20: Assigning Flexible Line Keys to help you assign a category and an index to the line keys on your phone.

Above enables you to layout the phone as you like.

It does not to my knowledge automatically sort the Speed Dials alphabetically or by Names or Numbers but you could use this PERL Script => here <= to automatically create a 000000000000-directory.xml

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello Simon-Tran,

the order of appearance is determined by the contact number in the <mac>-directory.xml.

Since UCS 4.0.0 you can change the appearance via Utilities => Line Key Appearance using the Web Interface.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

It seems that the order is determined by <sd> and not <ct>. For the config, below, contact 500 will appear on top of 400.

How would I can have it sort by contact only?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<!-- $RCSfile: 000000000000-directory~.xml,v $  $Revision: 1.3 $ -->
<directory>
    <item_list>
        <item>
            <ln>Lab</ln>
            <fn>500</fn>
            <ct>500</ct>
            <sd>1</sd>
            <rt>3</rt>
            <dc/>
            <ad>0</ad>
            <ar>0</ar>
            <bw>1</bw>
            <bb>0</bb>
        </item>
        <item>
            <ln>Research</ln>
            <fn>400</fn>
            <ct>400</ct>
            <sd>2</sd>
            <rt>3</rt>
            <dc/>
            <ad>0</ad>
            <ar>0</ar>
            <bw>1</bw>
            <bb>0</bb>
        </item>
    </item_list>
</directory>

HP Recommended

Steffen,

How can I get the contact directory to appear on the sidecars and be sorted by either Last Name, First Name, or Contact #?

Is there a range of allowable <sd> field? I found that I set the the <sd> field to be the same as the <ct> field

e.g <ct>500</ct>

<sd>500</sd>

the list on the side cars will be listed numerically. 

HP Recommended

Hello Simon,

you are correct, the order of the appearance is determined by the <sd> Number.

Quote from the Admin Guide:

Speed dial entries automatically display on unused line keys on the phone and are assigned in numerical order.

Depending on the Phone Model you have more or less speed dials (can be used to dial via Keypad) and the index usually ranges between 1 and 99 for the smaller Phones (SPIP32x,SPIP33x) or 1 9999 for the bigger Phones.

This is just an index and does not represent the actual speed dials that can be added as they depend on the memory of the phones. 

A <mac>-directory.xml for a smaller phone should not be bigger than 50kb and for the bigger Phones not more than 100kb.

In order to answer your additional question please check the Admin Guide:

Example Flexible Line Key Assignment Configuration
To enable flexible line key assignment, in the features.cfg template, set the lineKey.reassignment.enabled parameter to 1.

Then assign each line key a category and an index.

The category specifies the function of the line key and can include:

Unassigned, Line, BLF, SpeedDial, and Presence.

Note that the category Unassigned will leave that line key blank.

The index specifies the order in which the line keys will display on the phone screen.

Use Table 6-20: Assigning Flexible Line Keys to help you assign a category and an index to the line keys on your phone.

Above enables you to layout the phone as you like.

It does not to my knowledge automatically sort the Speed Dials alphabetically or by Names or Numbers but you could use this PERL Script => here <= to automatically create a 000000000000-directory.xml

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Thanks for the script!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.