Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi everyone,

I have 4x IP321's configured via an internal ftp provisioning server. They are now all running 4.0.1.13681 with the BootROM 4.4.0 Upgrader. All phones are registered correctly on an externally provided hosted PBX running Freeswitch.

On reboot all phones can make and recieve calls and function as expected. (the log shows "0812162205|so   |4|03|[SoNcasC]: Icon(7)Set - State 39 - OOR." after successful extension ring). After approx 6 minutes (tested by calling said extension every 15 seconds) the phones simply stop responding to incoming calls, they are still showing as registered and can make outgoing/internal calls - just not receive anything!

Also I am seeing phones loosing details entered via the web interface (all sip/line is entered this way not via config). "Sip/Outbound Proxy/Port" and "Line/Line1/Server 1/Port" has been seen to reset from my entered value of 5060 to 0.

Having spent two days on this now I feel that I should ask if anyone has any ideas, they seem like good phones and as we were given them we are keen to recycle technology and make them work for us!

Alex

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello Alex,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The FAQ shows a standard registration and all the settings needed. There is no need to change the 0 to 5060 as 0 represents the standard port 5060.

Your issue sounds like a timer or firewall and I would recommend the following:

• Upgrade the phone to UCS 4.0.2 Rev B (the current latest Software)
  • Run a Wireshark Trace via a spanned port and check out what is happening in the network.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

Thanks for your reply.

Woudl you recommend using the provisioning server to upgrade to the latest version or upgrading from within the web interface?

Alex

HP Recommended

Hello Alex,

a local provisioning server is recommended as it will allow Log files be written back.

These may be needed in case you need to involve our support team.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thanks again Steffen,

Can i just check what the process is for doing a clean install from the provisioning server. I imagine it should be as follows.

1. Download UC_Software_4_0_2B_release_sig_split.zip

2. Remove all other files in ftp server for that user and replace with new unzipped files

3. Perform a "Reset web config" and a "Reset local config" from the phone

4. Reboot phone and wait for upgrade to complete

5. Login to web admin and add sip/line config details

Is this correct? I am keen to do a completely clean install incase there are any issues from previous upgrades/configs. 

Currently the phones are running BootROM Software Version 5.0.1.10553, will this be upgraded as part of the new UCS 4.0.2 Rev B upgarde?

I have looked at Wireshark but as I don't have a manged switch or two network cards I don't believe I can use it in this case.

Appreciate your help so far.

Alex

HP Recommended

Hello Alex,

that sounds about ok. I can only suggest you lower your SIP logging via the Phones Web Interface to a Event 2 and then ensure that your FTP server allows append and writing to the directory to receive the log file.

Once you reproduce you issue you can check the log for SIP error messages.

If you require support from Polycom you would need to contact your support team directly but would get charged PPI.

This is all explained in the community FAQ but other members are more than welcome to look at your issue in detail.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

I 'may' have solved the issue.

After much hunting around the interweb and also testing the same accounts on a softphone but without the issues experienced I decided to investigate the NAT issue.

I have now added

nat.keepalive.interval="20" into sip-interop.cfg and included it in the 000000000000.cfg file.

So far it seems to be working but I will leave it overnight and see if it all still works ok. Out of interest I am moving files out of the config folder to then list them by file name in 000000000000.cfg. Should I leave them be and simply call them via "config/sip-interop.cfg" instead?

Alex

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.